Kinnect is a private non-profit that was founded in 2005. Kinnect believes that childhood is a fundamental right, and that every day in foster care is a day in crisis. We envision a world where families, agencies, resources work together to ensure children are loved and nurtured in a permanent chosen family. Kinnect’s mission to achieve this is to develop partnerships that transform beliefs, values, and actions to achieve permanency for all children in the shortest time possible.
Reporting to the Chief Administrative Officer, the Senior Director of Development will lead the development, design and implementation of a comprehensive fundraising strategy to advance the mission of Kinnect. The Senior Director will provide oversight of the fund development program, monitor development activities, and supervise 1-3 team members.
- Work with the executive staff and Board to facilitate short and long-term fundraising strategic plans
- Direct the annual fund program
- Manage donor solicitation, annual fundraising budget, and annual fundraising drives
- Represent Kinnect through external engagement with key philanthropic partners
- Cultivate relationships with current and prospective funders and supporters
- Occasional travel to meet wand solicit major donors
- Establish a balanced mix of donor sources and fundraising programs to attract and retain donors and fundraising volunteers.
- Keep abreast of developments in philanthropy and fund development
- Manage all operational aspects of the development department including setting individual and department goals
- Create, refine and oversee systems for prospecting and research including planning, leading, and managing Board and senior leadership engagement
- Supervise the Director of Grants Management and Events and Donor Database Manager
- Track proposals and report to ensure necessary internal and external deadlines are met for all funding opportunities. Create and maintain reporting dashboards for both executive leadership and Board of Directors.
- Lead grants process and partner with program, finance and other teams to ensure compliance on grants and timely reporting
- Conduct regular analysis of fund development activities to ensure accurate projections for internal management, board committee communications and oversight, and board meeting reporting
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Master’s degree preferred
- 6 years’ experience of progressive major gift fundraising
- Proven track record of raising funds from diverse sources, including major gifts from individuals, foundations, corporations and government agencies
- Experience in donor cultivation, grant writing, contracts management and special events
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with donor tracking systems
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks while maintaining attention to details.
- Experience managing a team working across multiple program areas
- Experience in a team management role
- Strong project management skills
- Able to work independently and in a team setting to own and complete projects
- Passionate about the mission of Kinnect
How to Apply:
Please send resume and cover letter with the position title in the subject line to: Nonprofit HR, Attn: Yvonne Rivera, Director, Talent Acquisition, email@example.com. No telephone calls please.
Minority and LGBTQ candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
All employment decisions at Kinnect are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, size, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.