Kinnect is a private non-profit that was founded in 2005. Kinnect believes that childhood is a fundamental right, and that every day in foster care is a day in crisis. We envision a world where families, agencies, resources work together to ensure children are loved and nurtured in a permanent chosen family. Kinnect’s mission to achieve this is to develop partnerships that transform beliefs, values, and actions to achieve permanency for all children in the shortest time possible.
In 2020, Kinnect’s operating budget will be approximately $14 million and will employ approximately 40 team members.
The Program Director, OhioKAN will report to the Associate Director/Chief Program Officer and will oversee the Ohio Kinship and Adoption Navigator Program. The Program Director will support the implementation and evaluation of a Kinship and Adoption Navigator Program that will be administered in partnership with the program manager from the Ohio Department of Jobs and Family Services (ODJFS) in 10 regions across the state of Ohio. The Program Director, OhioKAN will oversee ten regional directors who will be working in different regions across the state.
- Master’s Degree required with 3-5 years of experience in child welfare
- Reports and works collaboratively with the ODJFS OhioKAN program manager to achieve all Federal requirements for the OhioKAN Program
- Directly supervises and collects data from (10) OhioKAN regional directors
- Works closely with the OhioKAN evaluation team to ensure CQI data collected
- Coordinates statewide quarterly learning communities with OhioKAN regional directors, regional coordinators, and regional coaches
- Addresses any major challenges to implementation with the program manager from ODJFS and with the regional directors
- Works to support the implementation roll out to ensure deliverables are achieved
- Inform and advocate for kinship policy and procedure changes in partnership with the ODJFS as areas of needs are identified
- In partnership with the ODJFS program manager ensures fiscal and budget management
- Works with ODJFS program manager to ensure diversity in funding for sustainability of OhioKAN
- Works in partnership with the regional director to develop partnerships with providers to increase organizations capacity to ensure service delivery to kinship and adoptive families
- Demonstrated expertise and professional experience in statewide program supervision and program coordination
- Ability to demonstrate a strong knowledge of child welfare best practices.
- Experience developing and leading strong high functioning teams
- Demonstrated success supporting the evaluation of programs
- Experience working in a fast-paced high performing environment
- Demonstrated experience in hiring, managing, developing and coaching individuals and teams
How to Apply:
Please send resume and cover letter with the position title in the subject line to: Nonprofit HR, Attn: Sophia LaFontant, Recruitment Business Partner, firstname.lastname@example.org. No telephone calls please.
Minority and LGBTQ candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
All employment decisions at Kinnect are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, size, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.