The best nonprofits are constantly learning.
The most impactful nonprofits actively drive toward being learning organizations. Our work with hundreds of nonprofit organizations over the years has afforded us a rich repository of best practices and compliance strategies that we believe can help you as you manage and lead your organization’s people function or augment your nonprofit’s existing training program.
Browse workplace learning experiences below to find the best fit for your organization’s needs.
Have an immediate training need? Explore options that you can deploy across your organization today.
Maximizing Recruitment Strategies: Innovative Best Practices
This interactive training will focus on the recruitment process, the organization’s brand and the ways to maximize mission and brand to attract the talent needed to accomplish its goals. A specific focus will be given to the planning process, developing the practices needed to strengthen efforts and implementation. Tools will be examined along with trends and strategies that will attract top talent, minimize unnecessarily lengthy recruitment efforts and effectively incorporate the use of technology.
Recruiters, HR Directors, HR Staff with talent acquisition responsibility
- Strategies to enhance and/or streamline recruitment process
- Strategies to decrease time and cost to hire, strengthening innovative recruitment methods
- Strategies to develop job advertisements and job descriptions that bolster the recruitment process
- Metrics to determine the effectiveness of recruitment strategies
- Understanding of importance and implementation of diverse recruitment practices
Attracting a Diverse Workforce: Winning Strategies and Practices
In this interactive session, we will introduce a framework for attracting a diverse workforce, whether you have already identified strategies or whether you are just beginning to develop them. Through examining the current recruitment process, examining current culture, identifying opportunities for growth and clearly defining organizational needs, we will unpack how to find, attract and retain diverse talent. Special attention will be given to implementation, sourcing and metrics to measure success.
Diversity champions, Diversity staff, HR team responsible for talent acquisition
- Understanding and assessing cultural readiness, the current recruitment process and its role in attracting a diverse workforce
- Strategies for attracting a diverse workforce
- Metrics to track the goal of attracting a diverse workforce and accomplishment of that goal
Harassment Prevention: Building and Maintaining a Respectful Workplace
In this course, we will discuss what constitutes harassment in the workplace, as well as other behaviors that contribute to an environment of disrespect and incivility. Employees will gain a clear understanding of how they can recognize and report instances of harassment and the process for addressing them. Managers will become familiar with their role in dealing with complaints as they arise, and all participants will realize their role in prevention as bystanders. Case studies will be discussed to help apply what has been learned to the specific workplace.
Staff and Supervisory Managers
- Recognizing unlawful harassment, as well as other disrespectful workplace behavior including microaggressions and bullying
- Understanding the process for reporting harassment and the resolution process
- Identifying a manager’s role in preventing and addressing harassment and how to build a culture of respect and civility
- Recognizing the role of bystanders in preventing harassment
Effective People & Performance Management: Feedback, Supervisory Skills and Difficult Conversations
We have all heard the adage, “People leave managers, not companies.” Managing people effectively is a skill acquired through training and experience. In this session, those with supervisory roles will learn key supervisory skills needed to be successful, including effective communication, delegation and motivation. They will also learn how to successfully provide and receive both feedback and coaching as well as how to handle challenging employees and having difficult conversations. Roleplay and case studies will allow the attendees to put their learning into practice.
Why Culture Matters to Mission
Investing in your organization’s culture shows employees that you care. When your employees know you care, they feel higher value in their work and are more committed to their performance and the success of your mission.
Social Impact Leaders (CEOs, Executive Directors, Organizational Leaders, Chief Talent/People Officers, CHROs, Directors of HR)
- Understanding of why culture matters to mission
- Understanding of why leaders need to prioritize workplace culture
- Five strategies for building a healthy, talent-focused organization
Relationship-Based Leadership: Leading from a Place of Principle, Passion & Purpose
Relationship-based leaders empower others. They consider empathy and emotional intelligence essential to creating strong, productive teams.
Social Impact Leaders (CEOs, Executive Directors, Organizational Leaders)
- Key traits most commonly demonstrated by relationship-based leaders
- Strategies to successfully empower those you lead
- Critical steps leaders can take to foster a culture of purpose, passion and principle
Developing a Talent Management Strategy for Your Nonprofit
The most effective organizations have a clear strategy for how they will impact the communities that they serve. The most effective organizations will also have a clear strategy for how they will attract, develop and retain the talent needed to accomplish their mission.
HR/Talent Leaders (Chief Talent/People Officers, CHROs, Directors of HR)
- Understanding of the importance of a talent management strategy within your organization
- Aligning talent management strategy with overall organizational strategy
- Setting talent management goals and metrics that matter
Get in Touch
Whether you want to explore new ways to hone your leadership style or learn critical skills for giving and receiving feedback, we have a learning opportunity for you.
Whether in-house or online, Nonprofit HR offers a diverse range of on-demand or customized training sessions for your entire organization. From harassment prevention to leadership development, we’ve delivered it all.
If there is a topic you’re eager to learn more about, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We understand the demand for progress and positive impact within the social sector is more pressing now than ever, so we’ll make every effort to cultivate workplace learning sessions based on your needs and recommendations.