The Auto Care Association is the voice for the auto care industry – a coast-to-coast network of 500,000 independent manufacturers, distributors, parts stores and repair shops offering quality, choice, and innovation for drivers. The Auto Care Association keeps its members ahead of the curve so they can continue to serve every kind of vehicle on the road today, providing parts and services designed to make vehicles last longer, perform better and keep drivers safer. Internally we promote an atmosphere where our core values shine: Teamwork, Curiosity, Integrity and Fun. By performing at our best, we can best serve the auto care industry. Learn more about the Auto Care Association.
The executive assistant plays a critical role in the support of the CEO and Board of Directors. Primary responsibilities include management of the CEO’s activities; calendar, meetings, expense reports, assisting in the creation of presentations and other duties as assigned. Support of the Board of Directors and Board Nominating Committee includes scheduling regular meetings, recording meeting minutes and general administrative tasks. This position requires the ability to handle confidential and time-sensitive information with the highest level of professionalism and integrity. The top candidate will be personable, exceedingly well-organized, and successful at building and maintaining trust with the CEO, Board of Directors, and other members of the Executive Team.
Duties and responsibilities
- Proactively manages CEO’s daily tasks, schedule, calendar, meetings (internal and external), and expense reports
- Flawlessly manages and coordinates various domestic and international travel arrangements and meetings for the CEO, ensuring accuracy, efficiency and impeccable attention to detail
- Responsible for excellence in meeting scheduling, preparation, set-up, and follow-up including preparing presentations, agendas, materials, documenting notes, and coordinating follow-up items to completion
- Spearheads and assists the CEO with the creation of PowerPoint presentations, meeting agendas, and communications around member visits
- Provide support for VIP Member visits, including scheduling, catering and coordination with members and external guests
- Work in conjunction with the events staff to manage Board of Directors and Nominating Committee meetings both telephonically and in-person including occasional travel, meeting preparation, meeting minutes, and follow-up
- Develop tools for Nominating Committee recruitment process, schedule candidate interviews, coordinate voting process, and coordinate Board updates to Auto Care Association website.
- Maintain a confidential board portal containing bylaws, roster and committee assignments
- Manage, maintain and edit governance documents, including the strategic plan, leadership guide and bylaws on a regular basis
- Work on special projects and other duties as needed
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of seven years professional experience working with C-Suite management
- Ability to utilize tact, diplomacy, discretion and good judgment at all times, but especially when exposed to sensitive or confidential material
- Must be organized, agile, detail-oriented and have strong time-management skills
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, board members, external partners
- Must possess a team-oriented, collaborative mentality and problem-solving skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), especially in regard to PowerPoint presentations
- Must embrace and have a good working knowledge of office technology including AV equipment, WebEx, etc.
This job operates in a professional office environment. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
- This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required.
- This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary.
- Basic math skills needed to calculate formulas, commissions, discounts, billing etc.
- Must be able to lift up to 10 pounds.
This position will require local and domestic travel of approximately 10 percent.
Compensation & Benefits
- Compensation includes base salary and a competitive bonus structure
- Auto Care provides a robust benefits package that includes PTO, paid holidays, comprehensive health insurance, 401k, company-paid life insurance, short-term and long-term disability.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume and your value proposition with salary requirements to Nonprofit HR, Yvonne Rivera, Director, Talent Acquisition, email@example.com. Please include the position title in the subject line.
AutoCare Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer