Nonprofit HR was retained by Commonwealth, an organization that strengthens the financial opportunity and security of financially vulnerable people by discovering ideas, piloting solutions and driving innovations to scale for the search an entrepreneurial, results-oriented Senior Innovation Manager. Learn more about Commonwealth. Visit them online.
Commonwealth discovers new financial challenges and explores new innovative solutions. We take the most promising of these new solutions and design real world pilots to see if they work. We then collaborate with consumers, the financial services industry, employers, policy makers, and mission-driven organizations to bring these proven solutions to scale and improve the financial security and opportunity of millions of Americans.
The Senior Innovation Manager plays a key role in partnering with companies, non-profits, legislators and government agencies to deliver Commonwealth’s innovative solutions at scale across the US. Bringing exceptional relationship and project management skills, the Senior Innovation Manager will play a leadership role on multiple Commonwealth initiatives and lead a high-performing team. The Senior Innovation Manager will be part of an organization and team passionate about making positive, scalable impact on the financial lives of families and will support the growth of the organization.
- Develop scale strategies, including business models and public policy strategies, for financial tools and products that help consumers build financial security and capability.
- Manage multiple complex projects ensuring that they are executed on time and meet stated outcomes.
- Employ highly developed interpersonal skills to identify, establish and manage strategic relationships with private sector companies, financial institutions, financial service providers, advocacy groups, non-profit organizations, legislators, and senior government agency staff to deploy Commonwealth innovations at scale.
- Supervise staff by providing weekly guidance on project execution and professional development guidance.
- Develop, monitor, and adjust detailed work plans for projects, teams, staff, and own work.
- Creatively problem-solve and collaborate with a small, results-oriented team to effectively execute
- Share Commonwealth’s innovations with industry players, funders, policymakers, and the public sector through presentations, thought pieces and
- Represent Commonwealth at meetings and events with the ability to effectively engage diverse audiences including public officials, policy makers, financial service industry leaders, researchers and community
- Select and negotiate contracts with vendors.
- Monitor budgets and prepare reports to funders.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience. Applicable skills and experience include: creating and implementing strategies to grow the reach of programs or products; managing multiple complex projects; supervising paid staff.
- Strong relationship builder with experience having worked across a wide-range of diverse partners including private sector companies, national non-profit organizations, and legislative leaders.
- Exceptional project manager with the ability to manage various complex projects with a high degree of organization, attention to detail, multi-tasking and flexibility.
- Demonstrated leadership having led projects, processes or teams to achieve goals and timelines; demonstrated ability to work independently and creatively.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, comfortable with public speaking and able to persuade others.
- Creative problem-solver who has the ability to exercise professional judgment to find solutions to problems as they arise.
- Thrive in a collaborative, fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
- Knowledge of the financial services industry, games/app development, or fin tech and innovation start-ups.
- Experience working with financially vulnerable families preferred.
- Passionate about the mission of Commonwealth.
- Undergraduate degree required. A relevant Master’s degree
Please send a cover letter and a resume to Yvonne Rivera, Director, Talent Acquisition at Nonprofit HR – email@example.com. Please put “Senior Innovation Manager” in the subject line. This position is open immediately. Candidates will be reviewed on a rolling basis. No phone calls.
Commonwealth offers a competitive salary and benefits, commensurate with experience and skills. Commonwealth provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Commonwealth complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.