WTOP: 5 ways nonprofits can…
|Title:||Senior Compensation Analyst|
|Classification:||Regular, Full-time, Exempt|
|Reports to:||Total Rewards Practice Leader|
|Effective Date:||December 2019|
The Senior Compensation Analyst, as a key member of the Total Rewards (TR) Team, collaborates with HR consultants and clients to design, analyze and implement components of the full compensation life cycle; including job descriptions, job matching to market data, salary structure creation, benchmarking, salary planning and communications. The Analyst will advise on complex compensation matters with in-depth analytics and strategic alignment to business goals. The Analyst role is primarily client-facing and aligned to the consulting teams to support their clients’ unique needs. Internally, will collaborate with the TR Team to develop tools, templates and trainings for the consulting team.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead on the full lifecycle of compensation work; creating/reviewing job descriptions, job matching to market data, salary structures, benchmarking, education and communication. Collect and analyze compensation information to determine market competitiveness and internal equity in support of project-based and outsourced client engagements. Partner and collaborative with consultants to develop and deliver compelling compensation recommendations and program reports.
- Build a consultative and collaborative relationship with HR consultants, client leaders and staff on compensation programs evolution and compensation initiatives.
- Analyze data sets to distill insights, convey findings and make recommendations to client leadership and consultants. Also, support internal client data capture efforts and provide analytical perspective to leveraging data for consultant’s supporting clients.
- Collaborative with client’s Boards of Directors in support of Executive Director/CEO compensation benchmarking project.
- Proactively research best practices and trends. Present findings and thoughtful alternative solutions that are aligned with client’s established philosophy with an understanding of fulfilling business need and impact on client’s employee base. Ensure timely and relevant information to stay abreast of trends, inform consultants so that they may inform and educate their clients. Administer and evolve firm’s market pricing tools and benchmarking methodology.
- Build and deliver compensation-related training and education materials for client and internal teams.
Subject Matter Expertise and Thought Leadership
- In collaboration with the Total Rewards Team ensure that TR Library maintains up to date and relevant. Partner with Total Rewards Team to identify opportunities to improve the accuracy and efficiency of core compensation business processes.
- Actively listen to gain understanding of clients’ changing business and operational needs in order identify opportunities to deepen the client engagement.
- Collaborate with consulting practice leadership to upsell and cross-sell client service solutions to ensure achievement of existing client objectives and firm revenue goals.
- Develop and deliver public speaking opportunities in specific subject matter expertise which aligns with Nonprofit HR’s marketing and business development strategies including client roundtables and firm-sponsored events and webinars
- Keep abreast of HR best practices and trends and participate in creating collateral to share and market expertise (e.g., blogs, case studies, white papers)
- Champion and embody the Nonprofit HR culture, mission and values.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- College degree in Business or related field plus a minimum of 10 years of experience in compensation, finance or consulting with an in-depth knowledge of core compensation terminology and best practices.
- CCP certification highly desired.
- Experience with maintaining and administering domestic compensation and incentive plans (international experience a plus not a requirement)
- Extremely strong analytical and quantitative skills and a track record for executing and auditing work
- Ability to gain alignment and represent a common point of view across multiple stakeholders.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Willingness to roll up sleeves and be hands on.
- High-level proficiency in Excel and Microsoft Office
- Solid eye for business and the ability to influence and develop strong working relationships with multiple partners, including client executives and peers.
- Prefer experience in a client-facing role
- Strong project management skills
- Strong written, presentation, and verbal communication skills
- Ability to periodically travel domestically – less than 15%
This position is largely sedentary in nature however one must possess the ability to speak, hear, and write as well as the ability to use a computer and related software programs, and lift up to 20 lbs. Ongoing local and/or national travel periodically required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary.
HOW TO APPLY:
Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Make subject line: Senior Compensation Analyst.
For questions regarding this career opportunity, email Lisa McKeown, Total Rewards Practice Leader at email@example.com.