Talent Management & Workforce Planning
Do you have a talent strategy in place that positions your nonprofit to accelerate its mission impact? Have you proactively planned ahead for future workforce needs and staffed your organization accordingly?
If not, Nonprofit HR can help. Through our Talent Management & Workforce Planning practice, we work with nonprofits across the country to align their talent strategy with their broader strategic plan and to anticipate, prepare and budget for the human capital that will be required to achieve their goals.
Most Talent Management & Workforce Planning engagements begin with a Workforce Assessment, which includes:
- A review of the organization’s strategic plan, deliverables, outcomes and annual goals to better understand corresponding staffing needs and the talent required to meet stated goals and objectives
- A supply analysis: we assess the competencies of the organization, analyze the demographics and study related staff trends
- A demand analysis: we assess future activities and measure anticipated workloads
- A gap analysis: we compare information from the supply analysis and demand analysis to identify the gaps between the current organizational competencies and those needed in the future workforce
Following a Workforce Assessment, we help our clients answer questions like:
- Does our organization have the right staff composition needed to deliver on defined outcomes?
- What might be appropriate roles, levels of responsibility and skills needed to accomplish current and future work?
- What organizational structure will best support the current and emerging needs of our organization?
- What should our Talent Management strategy look like going forward?
- What roles should we hire for when, and how should we effectively use our budget to support the talent required to advance our mission?
There is no element more critical to your nonprofit’s impact than the people behind your organization, and our Talent Management & Workforce Planning Practice will ensure you’re fully optimizing your human capital.
Featured Case Study: Access Living
Is your organization staffed for the future?
Nonprofit HR worked with Access Living, a Chicago nonprofit providing services to people with disabilities, to update their HR practices, and in turn encourage positive workplace culture, streamline operations and prepare for future workforce needs. Are you ready to learn how we did it?
Download the case study and discover:
- How we translate assessment data into actionable plans
- How we assess and plan for future workforce needs
- How we ensure the effectiveness of a new HR strategy in the long term