The American Physical Society has retained Nonprofit HR to conduct this open search for their Human Resources Director
The American Physical Society (APS) is a nonprofit membership organization with an operating budget of $55 million dollars and over 55,000 members working in academia, national laboratories, and industrial sectors. We are the leading society for physicists in the U.S. and throughout the world. This position is based at the APS headquarters office located in College Park, MD (walking distance from the College Park Metro Station).
The HR Director is responsible for leading strategic initiatives and day-to-day activities within the Human Resources Department for all our locations which include College Park, MD; Ridge, NY; and Washington, DC. They will report to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO).
Abbreviated list of responsibilities:
- Partner with the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) and the Senior Management Team (SMT) to identify and address the critical needs of the organization and achieve goals that support a long-range people strategy.
- Partner with CFO on planning and implementing strategic culture and change initiatives with focus on sponsoring and driving events and programs designed to increase employee engagement across the organization.
- Partner with CFO and senior staff on organizational design work, analysis of talent and co-development of communication plan.
- Lead and manage the performance management process, promotion process and salary administration.
Abbreviated list of qualifications:
- Strong HR leadership experience in leading all HR planning and operations for small to mid-size companies.
- Minimum of 15 years of HR experience with preferred 3 or more years of previous experience as an HR Director.
- Strong experience in supervising an HR team of 4 or more.
- Prior experience of leading and executing compensation design, health and welfare benefits design, talent acquisition, performance management and compliance requirements.
See the full position description. Human Resources Director
Learn more about the American Physical Society. Visit them online.
APS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.EOE M/F/D/V
To apply: Send cover letter and resume to: Nonprofit HR, Yvonne Rivera, Director, Talent Acquisition, email@example.com. No telephone calls please.