This position is now closed.
Join the Nonprofit HR team. Learn more about us!
|Title:||Associate HR Business Partner, Benefits|
|Classification:||Regular full-time, Exempt|
|Reports to:||Senior HR Business Partner and Benefits Practice Lead|
|Effective Date:||September 2018|
Send your resume to Careers@nonprofithr.com and include Associate BPHR, Benefits in the subject.
Application closing date: September 30, 2018
The Associate HR Partner, Benefits provides programmatic and operational support to the firm’s HR outsourcing and project clients in the area of employee benefits. This individual works directly with clients on-site and off-site to administer and coordinate employee benefits plans. Benefit plans include but are not limited to medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance plans, retirement plans (401(k), 403(b), Pension, SEP and SIMPLE plans), wellness programs, educational and professional development as well as time off benefits to include FMLA.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Retainer Client Support
- Administers client benefits programs including orienting and educating new hires on the benefits available to them and assisting employees with identifying plans that best meet their needs.
- Enrolls employees in benefits plans with carriers/vendors and the client’s HRIS system ensuring that correct deductions roll into the client payroll systems from the HRIS or paper enrollment process.
- Reviews and reconciles client insurance and vendor invoices against HRIS data and makes necessary adjustments in carrier/vendor and HRIS systems. Allocates invoices against account codes. May interface with client’s Accounting/Payroll function on reconciliation matters.
- Updates and/or terminates employees from systems and administers COBRA.
- Works with the HR BP, Benefits on developing communications for client benefit plans and implementing ongoing communication plans for client employees.
- Assists with open enrollment as directed by client Senior Consultant and or HR Business Partner-Benefits.
- Assists with implementation of new systems internally and on client sites; maintains client HRIS records and compiles reports from database.
- Researches discrepancies or resolves employee record issues and provides analysis and resolution of processing issues; performs root cause analyses and works to consistently develop, improve, streamline and document work flow processes making recommendations to the HR Business Partner and Senior HR business partner for technology to support employee benefits administration.
- Works with HR Business Partner on leave management including creating leave calendars and managing the intersection of FMLA, client paid leave policy and disability insurance.
- Provides direct customer service and communication to client employees on plan benefits and eligibility.
- Tracks client organizations’ benefits compliance; assists with preparing related client communication.
- Acts as backup to Benefits Business Partner for on-site and virtual client needs.
- Coordinates and serves as main point of contact for wellness activities ( ie. Health fairs, group seminars etc.).
- Works with the Benefit Practice lead on special projects including drafting and editing reports and presentations, assisting with benefit audits, writing plan documents, completing 5500 forms etc.
General benefits and Nonprofit HR employee benefits support
- Works with internal operations on Nonprofit HR staff benefit plan administration including conducting new hire orientation and tracking of ACA.
- Updates Nonprofit HR compliance calendar as regulations change.
- Writes general benefits communication templates for use by all HR Business partners.
- Maintain benefits section of Consultant resource library including sample documents, templates, calendars, links document to regulations.
- Actively participates in in-house staff meetings and scheduled strategic planning activities.
- Performs other initiatives, projects and duties as required.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIRED
- The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 3 years’ experience in benefits administration; relevant work experience may be substituted for undergraduate degree.
- Experience in HRIS or payroll system such as ADP, Paychex or Ultipro is an asset.
- General payroll knowledge, including current payroll legislation (e.g. taxable benefits).
- Strong technical aptitude and experience working with HRIS data – experience developing reports and analytics with high standard of accuracy and attention to detail (e.g. for reconciliations) helpful.
- Current Office technology and applications – Advanced Excel preferred; Intermediate Word.
- Research and problem-solving skills.
- Proven excellence in customer service orientation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, organization, and time management skills are required. The successful candidate shows initiative and the ability to work independently while maintaining a high level of confidentiality, discretion, and diplomacy.
This position is now closed.