Nonprofit HR is the country’s leading and oldest firm focused exclusively on the talent management needs of social impact organizations. If you are an accountant with experience in financial reporting and accounting processes, and if you enjoy collaborating with others with the ultimate goal of serving the social sector, then read on to learn more about joining our team to support the great work we do!
This position will serve as accountant with respect to the implementation, preparation, accuracy and oversight of Nonprofit HR’s financial reporting and accounting processes. Individual will ensure accurate Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable processing. The Accounting Manager ensures accurate accounting records and reporting and works closely with others on the Operations team to ensure effective financial operations and reporting.
A FEW ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversees all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems ensuring compliance with appropriate GAAP standards and regulatory requirements.
- Maintains internal control and safeguards for receipt of revenue, costs, and program budgets and actual expenditures.
- Maintains control over a monthly and annual closing process that ensures timely deliverables. Responsible for closing the Accounts Payable Ledger for the month, ensuring that all recurring invoices are processed for a given closed month before financial preparation.
Accounts Receivable and Cash Receipts
- Works with Operations team to ensure that invoices to customers are entered into Deltek system. Records and posts cash receipts.
Accounts Payable and Cash flow
- Reviews invoices for accuracy and completeness. Ensures invoice approvals and proper account/project/business unit coding before processing into Deltek A/P Approval to ensure adherence to internal controls. Ensures approval of vouchers in order to create monthly/weekly batches for payment processing.
- Reviews reports from payroll provider.
Accounting Records and Reporting
- Prepares IRS 1099 and 1098 forms following IRS requirements and sends them to vendors as necessary, following up to ensure receipt.
- Provides assistance with creating and maintaining Nonprofit HR’s annual budget.
How We Work: Nonprofit HR’s Commitment to Diversity, Inclusion & Difference
It is a high priority for us to foster and maintain an environment where diversity and inclusion are valued and realized to the benefit of you and the clients that we serve. We believe strongly in treating everyone fairly and value the full diversity of our colleagues, clients, partners and vendors. Inclusion is how we live our commitment to fairness and diversity. It shapes how we honor the perspectives, abilities and identities of our colleagues; how we listen to, engage and respond to our clients; and how we connect to and appreciate each other and those we serve. We define diversity as differences that influence and affect our firm, our workplace culture, and the communities and clients we engage in the following areas: race, color, ethnicity, national origin, socioeconomic status, pay and benefits, ability, military service, age, faith, gender, sexual identity, personal appearance, pregnancy, and political views.
Continue reading our about our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.