TITLE: Marketing & Communications Coordinator
CLASSIFICATION: Full-time / Non-Exempt
REPORTS TO: Senior Director, Client Marketing and Strategic Communication
EFFECTIVE DATE: February 2020
The Marketing & Communications Coordinator will support the implementation of a national marketing and communications tactical plan for Nonprofit HR. This is a fun and rewarding position for a high-energy, outgoing marketing, communication, journalism, or related disciplines professional. This position reports to the Senior Director of Client Marketing and Strategic Communication. This position also collaborates with the Marketing and Communications Manager and Practice Area leaders to implement marketing tactics that will deliver Nonprofit HR’s innovative products and services to grow sales, market share, and profitability.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides tactical support and management of marketing and communications functions for the firm
- Supports the creation and messages drafting of email calendar and social media content calendar, and supports to tracking and assembling of metrics reporting
- Collaborates on the creation and fulfillment of editorial calendar which supports all practice areas
- Supports the creation of marketing and communications materials including design elements
- Creates, schedules and maintains traffic for firm’s social media channels and search sites, including but not limited to Google, Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, Instagram, TikTok, YouTube, and job-sharing/career development sites
- Supports data integrity initiatives, including list building and acquisition, list scrubbing, and data processing and migration
- Supports media relations tactical plan, including researching publications/reporters covering complementary beats
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIRED (Minimum education and experience needed to perform the job adequately.)
- Undergraduate degree in marketing, communications, journalism or related discipline
- At least three years’ experience working for a national consulting firm or nonprofit
- Experience with graphics designs tools, including Adobe Suite and online design tools
- Experience with email marketing client – Pardot a plus
- Experience with Salesforce and supporting data projects
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite and Google Suite, and is proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated knowledge of the principles and practices of marketing, communications
- Understanding of the basic digital tools used for social media marketing
- Excellent client service orientation to include a demonstrated understanding of our interest in the nonprofit and social sectors
- Highly effective interpersonal and communication skills including ability to communicate masterfully both orally and in writing with diverse audiences
- Demonstrated ability to be entrepreneurial, innovative and creative; proven ability to be proactive and not reactive
How to apply: Email your resume, cover letter and design samples to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use the subject “Marketing and Communications Position”.
Deadline to apply: February 28, 2020.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Nonprofit HR reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.