CEED has exclusively retained Nonprofit HR to assist in its recruitment efforts for their Communications Manager.
The Center for Earth Energy and Democracy (CEED) is a 501c3 nonprofit with a mission grounded in the affirmation of the interconnectedness of the human and natural world and is committed to inspiring the change needed to create a healthy and vibrant environment for all communities in current and future generations.
CEED is grounded in the principle of self-determination of Indigenous, communities of color, and low-income and overlooked communities.
CEED works in collaboration with grassroots communities, policy makers, and researchers. It provides community education and capacity building on important energy, environment, and development issues so that all members of society may effectively participate in public decision-making. CEED works to ensure that communities and policy makers have the tools and information they need to create just, sustainable energy and environmental policy.
Over the years, CEED has grown its work to be active at a local (Minnesota), regional (Midwest), and national level.
One of CEED’s signature accomplishments in recent years has been its leadership role in bringing together an alliance of environmental justice organizations and national environmental organizations to build an equitable and just national climate platform (EJNCP). EJNCP aims to advance the goals of economic, racial, climate, and environmental justice to improve the public health and well-being of all communities, while tackling the climate crisis. Unlike other efforts, EJNCP is defined by its members’ execution of a set of commitments that ensure not only equitable and just outcomes, but also processes. CEED continues to play a key coordinating role in the EJNCP and seeks to enhance the capacity of other environmental justice organizations of the platform through focused staffing and work plans.
The Communications Manager reports to the Deputy Director. They will work on Equitable and Just National Climate Platform projects and programs as well. (CEED is one of the founding and co-ordinating members of this platform). They are responsible for the design and implementation of CEED’s strategic communications and narrative-shift objectives. The Communications Manager will increase visibility with CEED’s donors, funders, supporters, and users. The Communications Manager will work collaboratively with the Executive Director to implement a strategic plan that represents the voice of each program and draws more awareness to the work that CEED does in indigenous, low income, and communities of color.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Duties that occupy a major portion of time and importance in the job)
- Develop marketing and communications plans to promote CEED resources, research, publications, public awareness and advocacy efforts
- Execute on marketing strategy for national, state, and local campaigns (environmental justice, Minneapolis Green Zones, climate policy, energy vulnerability, climate resiliency, building leadership, and popular education)
- Write and edit content for website and email marketing efforts, including monthly newsletter
- Contribute to marketing and communications support, including branding and online engagement
- Maintain communications editorial calendar to align with CEED’s overall strategy and goals
- Contribute to fundraising engagement content development in collaboration with the Development Manager (Annual Fund, Annual Report, Donor Letters, Event Invitations/Press Releases)
- Support media and other relevant partner relationships (included but not limited to environmental justice organizations, national environmental organizations, legislative staff, and government agencies) as needed.
Social Media Management
- Manage all aspects of CEED’s social media presence (to include but not limited to website, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram)
- Drive strategy to increase daily engagement on CEED social media accounts
- Lead content creation for CEED’s Social Media, including written blog content, posts & videos
- Increase awareness for key initiatives and events
Data & Analytics
- Monitor, report and present on online engagement analytics (web, email, social media, earned media)
- Leverage key engagement metrics across platforms to optimize content, messaging and distributions
Position may require frequent travel within the U.S. Evening and weekend work will sometimes be necessary to meet constituents and business leaders, participate in events, and otherwise fulfill the needs of the position.
See more details about this position and how to submit your resume!