CEED has exclusively retained Nonprofit HR to assist in its recruitment efforts for their Development Manager.
CEED is a 501c3 organization that works to ensure that communities and policy makers have the tools and information they need to create just, sustainable energy and environmental policy. Working in collaboration with grassroots communities, policy makers and researchers, CEED conducts research and advocacy, and provides community education and capacity building on important energy, environment, and development issues – so that all members of society may effectively participate in public decision-making.
CEED’s mission is grounded in the affirmation of the interconnectedness of the human and natural world and is committed to inspiring the change needed to create a healthy and vibrant environment for all communities in current and future generations. CEED is grounded in principle of self-determination of Indigenous, communities of color, and low income communities, and we gear our work toward building economic and political democracy.
CEED is strengthening their foundation through growth with a desire to bring aboard diverse employees who can have both technical and analytical skills, have understanding and knowledge of the needs of environmental justice communities, and are committed to CEEDs mission. Visit CEED online.
The Development Manager reports to the Deputy Director and is responsible for the overall strategic direction, mentorship, and day-to-day operations of development and fundraising. The Development Manager will work collaboratively with the Executive Director to increase grant funding and list of donors. The Development Manager develops and leads efforts to enhance current and generate new programmatic and unrestricted funding.
The Development Manager is a visionary leader that will mentor younger staff and encourage initiatives that sustain the organization’s financial goals and mission-driven opportunities. The Development Manager is responsible for exponentially growing a 909,000 budget to support the growth of new staff, career development of current staff, and current community planning, education, and climate & energy initiatives as outlined by the stakeholders of the Center for Earth Energy and Democracy.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Duties that occupy a major portion of time and importance in the job):
- Oversee and support the identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of individual, government, corporate, and foundation donors, and drive efforts to broaden the donor base and revenue streams
- Serves as Chief Fundraiser and Grant Writer
- Oversee the management of the list of potential donors
- Develop goals and implement strategies for all fundraising campaigns
- Provide effective strategic and policy direction, facilitating the organization’s growth and development
- Monitor work and evaluate results to ensure that departmental and organizational objectives are met and are in line with the needs and mission of the organization
- Ensures that project milestones are met and adhering to approved budgets
BUDGET AND FINANCE
- Oversee the development and implementation of strategic, operational, financial and budgetary plans and ensure appropriate alignment and use of resources with goals and strategic priorities.
- Reviews operating budgets periodically to analyze trends affecting budget needs.
- Identifies and leads new business development opportunities and ensures highly productive and positive relationships with funders and donors
Position may require frequent travel within the U.S. Evening and weekend work will sometimes be necessary to meet constituents and business leaders, participate in events, and otherwise fulfill the needs of the position.
See more details about this position and how to submit your resume!