Student Achievement Partners (SAP) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to improving K-12 student achievement through evidence-based action has retained Nonprofit HR for the search their Director of Human Resources. We believe that challenging academic standards are the foundation for improved outcomes for all students. Our work has a particular focus on ensuring that high-quality, standards-aligned instruction and resources reach students who face barriers created by racism or poverty. We are committed to sharing evidence-based, standards-aligned tools and practices freely with educators across the country through our website www.achievethecore.org.
SAP is an equal opportunity employer, committed to reflecting the diversity of the students we serve. We welcome applications from qualified candidates of all backgrounds.
About the Position
SAP is a fully remote organization with 38 full-time employees and a co-working space in New York City.
We welcome candidates who are passionate about improving educational experiences and outcomes for all students. Candidates should thrive in a collaborative, virtual environment that emphasizes excellence, attention to detail, analytical rigor, and critical thinking. We use team collaboration software such as Zoom Video Conference, Microsoft Teams, Dropbox and Google Docs to facilitate communication and collaboration while working remotely. We value and provide growth opportunities to individuals who are eager and self-motivated in learning about literacy and mathematics instruction, education, and equity.
The Director of Human Resources serves as an integral member of the Finance, HR and Operations team with a direct line to the President and critical connections to the Leadership Team. The Director of Human Resources is responsible for managing all aspects of the employment lifecycle of SAP’s employees. The Director of Human Resources is also responsible, along with the entire SAP team, for promoting and sustaining a company culture that is human-centered and emphasizes excellence, continuous improvement, equity, and inclusion. This position provides a unique opportunity for an HR professional with a minimum of 5 years of experience who is strategic, highly detail-oriented, and enjoys working with internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
Specific Job Responsibilities
- In collaboration with the Chief Financial and Administrative Officer, establish and align HR strategic priorities with organization-wide strategic goals;
- Serve as a trusted thought partner to the Chief Financial and Administrative Officer and the entire Leadership Team;
- Manage the implementation of the performance feedback process to ensure employees receive frequent performance and development feedback (to include researching, recommending and implementing technology platforms to allow for automation);
- Develop and lead proactive, strategic initiatives to drive employee engagement, learning and development, employee recognition, and employee retention;
- Participate actively in SAP’s inclusion, diversity and equity initiatives.
- Liaise with SAP’s legal counsel to discuss HR-related issues, as needed; address personnel-related issues and participate in termination meetings and exit interviews;
- Manage and lead the recruitment and hiring processes, in partnership with hiring managers;
- Manage the on-boarding process for new employees and oversee new hire orientation;
- Identify, evaluate, implement, and monitor systems, tools, and templates to effectively support key HR activities;
- Develop, implement, communicate, and oversee human resource plans, policies, and procedures;
- Serve as a champion of SAP’s culture and values; align HR practices, organizational communications, and approach with SAP’s organizational culture;
- Administer employee benefits with support from the Chief Financial and Administrative Officer; monitor and report on national benefits environment for options and cost savings and recommend changes that enhance employee satisfaction and retention;
- Apply knowledge of local, state, and federal employment regulations to ensure compliance;
- Maintain up-to-date personnel information and files; and
- Support Senior Finance Manager with new hire paperwork and in submitting paperwork to external agencies including worker’s compensation claims, unemployment claims, verification of employment, and ensure compliance with all state, federal, and local employment laws.
Travel is required to internal and external meetings – minimum of 4-6 trips per year.
- At least 5 years professional experience in Human Resources management (K-12 education or nonprofit setting preferred);
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience;
- Professional HR designation HRCI (PHR) or SHRM Certification preferred;
- Demonstrated HR generalist skill-set with proven ability to work across the HR function and drive HR activities across the full employee lifecycle;
- Knowledge of local, state, and federal HR laws and regulations (as SAP is a virtual organization with employees working across multiple states);
- Commitment to diversity and inclusion, and the equity vision of SAP;
- Demonstrated success in implementing inclusion, diversity and equity initiatives;
- Excellent organizational management skills and demonstrated experience improving Human Resources functions and automating systems;
- Demonstrated record of strong written and verbal communication;
- Deeply people focused, collaborative, and approachable;
- Demonstrated ability to serve as a strategic and knowledgeable resource to a leadership team;
- Demonstrated experience with automated recruitment platform, preferably JazzHR; competency in MS Word, PPT, Outlook and Excel; ability to learn technologies used by the organization as needed;
- High level of initiative, critical thinking, sound judgement and problem-solving skills;
- Excellent attention to detail; the standard is error-free work;
- Strong interpersonal, relationship cultivation and customer service skills; and
- Ability to retain confidential information required.
Compensation and Benefits
- Salary for this position is competitive and commensurate with experience. Additionally, Student Achievement Partners offers a comprehensive benefits package.
Applications, including a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements, should be submitted online to: Yvonne Rivera, Director, Talent Acquisition, Nonprofit HR, email@example.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer