HRIS Solutions Specialist
Formerly known as the Carnegie Institution of Washington, the Carnegie Institution for Science is a U.S.-based non-profit, private research institution headquartered in Washington, DC. Andrew Carnegie founded the Carnegie Institution of Washington in 1902 as an organization for scientific discovery to serve as a home to exceptional individuals—men and women—with imagination and extraordinary dedication capable of working at the cutting edge of their fields. Today, Carnegie scientists work in six scientific departments on the West and East Coasts. Carnegie investigators are leaders in the fields of plant biology, developmental biology, Earth and planetary sciences, astronomy, and global ecology.
The Carnegie Institution for Science has an exciting opportunity for an HRIS Solutions Specialist to play a key role in the development, implementation and data maintenance of our HRIS system Ceridian Dayforce. This position is located in our headquarters in Washington, DC.
The Specialist will provide day-to-day operational support for HR, Recruitment, Performance Management, Compensation and Payroll functions in Ceridian Dayforce. Additionally, he/shewill be responsible for all HR business solutions including compliance training and the HR website. As a key role on the Human Resources team, the HRIS Solutions Specialist will actively participate in helping us achieve our organizational objectives by optimizing and improving our current business solution tools and operations.
- Serve data quality manager for HR business solution systems, running regular queries to ensure data accuracy and integrity.
- Administer and define HR system access roles and permissions.
- Provide HRIS business solution expertise and participate in the design, development, modification, and implementation of HRIS solutions.
- Facilitate the review and user acceptance testing of HR business solution implementation and upgrades.
- Audit benefits solution data feeds against carrier reporting.
- Resolve or facilitate with IT the resolution of system glitches, errors and processing issues.
- Identify HR business solution requirements.
- Conduct and coordinate system change requests with IT and the vendor as required.
- Maintain HR business solution vendor relationship management.
- Analyze and report the need for business solution enhancements or customizations.
- Identify areas of opportunity to improve existing HRIS processes, functionality and workflow, and maximize business solution capabilities to reduce manual processes and to improve data management and efficiency and take the lead as a project manager to implement these changes.
- Administer all HR business solution modules such as the recruitment, performance appraisal, compensation and other systems relating to HR functions.
- Provide custom reports to meet the requirements of HR management and staff
- Create, update, and post documentation of HR processes and training guides for end users.
- Serve as HR department liaison to IT department.
- Provide HR dashboards that will report monthly and quarterly metrics.
- Deliver HR business solution training to new and existing system users.
- Provide support to the HR Department, including research and resolve HRIS problems, unexpected results and/or process flaws; perform scheduled activities; recommend solutions or alternate methods to meet requirements.
Qualifications and Skills
Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university in a related field, Human Resources and/or Technology related preferred, in addition 4 years of experience with various Human Resource Systems. The ideal candidate will have experience working with an HRIS and applicant tracking system and be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe, DocuSign. Experience with Ceridian Dayforce strongly preferred. He/she will demonstrate a working knowledge of the policies, procedures, and compliance issues relating to Human Resources. This professional will have a demonstrated ability to: work in an environment with changing priorities while managing high demands on their time, meet planned and unplanned deadlines, and cross-train in other areas of Human Resources.
Compensation is competitive and will be commensurate with work experience and skills.
To apply for this position please submit a cover letter and resume to Yvonne Rivera, Director of Talent Acquisition, Nonprofit HR, firstname.lastname@example.org. Only applications with both cover letters and resumes will be considered. No phone calls please.
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.