About the Committee for Children
For more than 40 years, Committee for Children has been helping children learn, grow, and thrive by teaching them how to understand emotions, build meaningful relationships, and resolve conflicts. We believe that if you make a positive impact on enough children through social-emotional learning, then the ripples will help a family, a school, a community, and ultimately, the world. We call it the Empathy Effect, and it’s what we’ve worked toward since 1979. We believe that successfully ensuring the safety and well-being of all children will require the involvement of our greatest thinkers. That’s why we bring together diverse opinions and viewpoints—from educators, philanthropists, community activists, scientists and researchers, private-sector executives, and behavioral specialists. Come join the effort. And let’s grow kinder together.
About the Role
Committee for Children is on a mission to ensure that children everywhere can thrive. Since 1979, we’ve championed the cause of educating the whole child through advocacy, leadership in the field, and programs in social-emotional learning (SEL) and child safety.
In our pursuit of positively transforming the social-emotional well-being of 100 million children annually by 2028, Committee for Children is looking for an experienced recruiting manager to join our team.
In this role, the Recruiting Manager will be responsible for leading and positively transforming, Committee for Children’s recruiting function to attract and retain high performing and diverse talent to the organization. In this highly visible role, the Recruiting Manager will build and execute on CFC’s talent acquisition strategy partner with internal stakeholders to refine and implement equitable practices and programs, as well as support day to day recruiting activities alongside one direct report.
- Refine CFC’s talent acquisition strategy and develop key metrics to deliver against it.
- Assess, refine and implement equitable recruiting programs and practices that will enable CFC to scale and meet the diverse talent needs of the organization.
- Proactively assess and implement strategies to attract diverse talent to CFC.
- Establish and maintain trusted relationships with internal stakeholders including HR, Finance, senior leaders and hiring managers/teams.
- Lead and develop a small recruiting team; building a collaborative, inclusive, team-oriented environment; establishing performance expectations and conducting regular performance evaluations; coaching for success and improvement; and ensuring s sense of belonging through diversity awareness.
- Develop a strong understanding of the organization’s mission and operations to ensure recruiting is able to meet current and future talent needs.
- Partner with internal and external stakeholders to help grow employer brand to attract and retain high performing diverse talent to the organization.
- Drive excellence in CFC’s assessment process, including interview design, ongoing interviewer training, and interviewer effectiveness to ensure proper interviewing methods are practiced.
- Up-level and further personalize the candidate experience.
- Build capability to proactively identify passive candidates for current and future openings.
- Build effective processes to manage the flow of temporary workforce needs such as contractors and temps.
- Systemically integrate equitable hiring strategies and initiatives that build high-performing, diverse and inclusive teams.
- Keep abreast of industry trends and best practices to ensure the most effective tools and resources are being utilized.
- Collaboratively identify and implement key metrics to measure recruiting effectiveness and support business decisions and plans as necessary.
- Manage full cycle recruiting for various roles; source and close candidates for roles at all levels.
View additional details about this opportunity and how to apply!