Nonprofit HR was retained by Progressive Life Center, whose mission and vision is to enhance the lives of children, youth, and families by providing human services that meet the psychological, spiritual, and cultural needs of those they serve for the search of a results-oriented and experienced Senior Development Manager. Learn more about Progressive Life Center here.
- Work in close collaboration with the CEO, Board of Directors, and other staff to establish and achieve annual and long-term fundraising goals and strategies.
- Work with the CEO and Program Directors to develop and implement fundraising strategies that increase support from individuals, foundations, corporations, and other sources for all PLC sites.
- Hold primary responsibility for researching and identifying prospects and working with CEO to cultivate, solicit, and steward prospects capable of sponsoring and supporting PLC programs.
- In close collaboration with CEO, keep the Board of Directors well informed of fundraising strategies and actively engaged in the implementation of those strategies, as well as donor cultivation.
- Develop and maintain relationships with donors and prospects.
- Represent PLC to key external audiences such as, but not limited to, peer organizations, philanthropic organizations, and funders to expand visibility and support.
- Develop proposals for grants and contracts, manage proposal efforts, and monitor required grant reporting.
- Provide input into the development of annual revenue projections, working with the Finance Team.
- Participate in annual budget planning process to ensure that fundraising goals and strategy align with the overall budget and specific program needs.
- Work in close collaboration with the CEO and other staff to achieve integrated social media and communication strategies that consistently promote the PLC brand and attract support for PLC.
- Oversee the implementation of donor database for donor recordkeeping, gift processing, and stewardship.
- Manage the annual appeal and other donor communications.
- Prepare fundraising reports as needed for staff and board members.
- Provide supervision to development office support staff.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited college or university in business administration, non-profit management, marketing, or other related field.
- 3-5 years professional fundraising, donor relations, research, writing of funding request experience.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills and ability to synthesize complex information into clear and concise proposals and other collateral.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Skilled multitasker, able to juggle multiple deadlines and take primary responsibility for a number of projects.
- Proficiency in utilizing Microsoft office, especially Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook, and databases.
- Able to work collaboratively in a team setting and independently.
- Excellent organization and time management skills with exceptional attention to detail.
- Flexibility to attend evening and occasional weekend events.
- Alignment with PLC’s mission and values.
- Ability to travel within the Washington Metropolitan Area, PLC offices, and other required locations.
Additional Selection Criteria:
- Sensitivity to and competence in the cultural differences that are present among service population
- Ability to forge a mutually respectful partnership with persons served and their families in which they are helped to gain the skills and confidence to address any issues and problems they face
- Conviction about the capacity of people to grow and change
- Ability to work in partnership with other team members
- Ability to set limits and maintain the helping role of the practitioner and to intervene appropriately to meet the needs of the persons served or other family members.
This description is intended to provide basic guidelines for meeting job requirements. Responsibilities, skills and working conditions may change as needs evolve.
How to apply: Please submit a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to:
Yvonne Rivera, Director, Talent Acquisition, Nonprofit HR
Use the subject line, “Senior Development Manager”
No phone calls, please.
PLC is an EOE/AA Employer. Minorities and women are encouraged to apply.