About the Role
Provides a full range of human resources services to staff, primarily focusing on recruiting, onboarding, employee relations, and benefits administration.
Supports the Senior Director, People Strategy/HR on a variety of matters, including but not limited to, training and development, policies and procedures, HRIS, DEI. Develops a thorough knowledge and understanding of APTA, its membership, and services provided. Is the liaison to staff to guide and resolve ER issues.
Duties Include but are not limited to:
- Manages all aspects of the full-cycle recruiting needs for APTA.
- Oversees all aspects of the onboarding process.
- Conduct new employee orientation meeting with the new hire, ensuring all forms are completed timely and in compliance with legal deadlines.
- Partners with the Senior Director, People Strategy/HR with managing and administering APTA Employee benefits;
- Processes enrollments, plan changes, and terminations; provides benefit education to employees.
- Works closely with benefit broker, vendors, and third-party administrators on all matters related to APTA’s benefits administration.
- Processes all monthly benefit invoices
- Administers all aspects of Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) requests, to include required notices and certification forms, leave tracking, and return-to-work status.
- Administers all aspects of Short-Term Disability and coordinates with FMLA and APTA’s leave program
- Administers the retiree medical, dental, and life plans with the brokers and carriers;
- Maintain current, accurate benefit information in new hire orientation packets and in ADP/HRIS
Employee Retention & Development
- Serves as first point of contact for the HR department for various topics, including ER issues
- Works with the Senior Director, People Strategy/HR to plan, implement and carry out APTA’s training and development initiatives.
- Assists with APTA’s annual and mid-year performance review and goal setting processes.
- Conducts six-month check-in meetings with new hires and provide necessary feedback for process improvement and implementation, where possible.
- Conducts exit interviews with departing employees and disseminate pertinent information to management as needed in consultation with Senior Director, People Strategy/HR.
General Human Resources
- Handles all requests for employee verifications, references, and unemployment claims.
- Updates salary and benefits information in payroll/HRIS.
- Serves as main HR point of contact on APTA’s HRIS from implementation, updates, staff rollout, when required.
- Maintains accurate and organized employee and association files in accordance with APTA’s document retention policy and legal compliance for active, terminated, and retired personnel.
- Provides new hire orientation and training
- Drafts, edits, and distributes staff communications through email, PowerPoint presentations, surveys, memos, and other documents as needed.
- Presentations to staff in small or large group settings
- Participates in advancing APTA’s DEI initiatives as it relates to all recruitment, retention, training, and development, and the HR strategy.
- Performs other duties or projects as assigned by the Senior Director, People Strategy/HR.
View additional details about this opportunity and how to apply!