Nonprofit HR was retained by Land O’Lakes International Development a 501(c)(3) nonprofit helping communities around the world build economies by strengthening agriculture from farm-to-fork, helping businesses grow, and linking farmers to markets for the search of passionate and experienced Talent Acquisition Specialist, International Development. Since their start in 1981, they have been leveraging nearly 100 years of expertise in dairy, animal nutrition, crop inputs and agricultural insights from their close affiliate, Land O’Lakes, Inc., a farmer-owned agribusiness committed to fulfilling its purpose of feeding human progress. Learn more about Land O’Lakes. Visit them online.
The team is made up of nearly 350 employees who are committed to market-led approaches, and passionate about collaborating locally to create lasting inclusive economic growth. By unlocking the potential of agriculture for the last 36 years, the lives of more than 3 million people have been transformed through nearly 300 programs in more than 80 countries.
Position Summary: The incumbent of the position is responsible for leading pre-proposal and proposal recruitment efforts for the new business development department as well as managing the candidate experience through sourcing, screening, interviewing, assessing, and selecting them for potential opportunities. S/he is also expected to provide talent acquisition efforts for projects, as needed.
This role is also responsible for building a talent pool, streamlining the recruitment processes, procedures, source, assess and interview a diverse pool of qualified candidates.
The incumbent will also be responsible for formatting candidate resumes and writing personnel sections of the proposal. S/he will also establish strong relationships with Land O’Lakes International Development client groups, HR partners, candidates, external community and professionally represent the organization and proposal subject matter.
Primary responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to the following:
Talent identification and candidate management
Lead talent acquisition efforts for proposals and ensure smooth recruitment proposal process by effectively coordinating with the new business, Human Resources, Finance and Compliance teams and meeting deadlines;
Format and tailor CVs of key and non-key personnel;
Develop well-crafted bio passages for each proposed candidate according to the position and solicitation requirements;
Assist hiring managers in talent acquisition efforts on new and ongoing projects at Land O’Lakes.
Coaching and Training
Coach and educate hiring managers on effective interviewing and assessment practices;
Develop and maintain excellent relationship with technical area representatives, new business development team and candidates by delivering efficiency, visibility and efficacy of recruiting processes and outcomes;
Reporting & Supervision:
The incumbent of the position will be a part of the Human Resources team and will report to the HR Manager.
Minimum Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Demonstrated success and experience in talent identification and recruitment within the context of donor funded projects.
- Proven ability to use various sources and networks to identify candidates for difficult positions with stringent requirements;
- Experience in identifying passive candidates;
- Demonstrated success in engaging client groups and maintaining strong relationship with them;
- Familiarity with applicant sourcing and recruitment databases;
- Familiarity with donor-funded proposal development processes;
- Proven ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment and within tight deadlines;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Excellent writing (in English) and networking skills; and,
- Strong planning and implementation skills.
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree;
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant professional experience;
- Fluency in foreign languages is preferred;
- International experience is a plus;
- Understanding of current development trends is strongly preferred; and
- A sense of humor is plus.
For immediate consideration, please send cover letter and resume to the attention of Yvonne Rivera, Director, Talent Acquisition, Nonprofit HR, via email: firstname.lastname@example.org. EOE