National Mining Association has retained Nonprofit HR for its open searches.
Position Title: Director of Communications Job Type: Full time
About the position. NMA is seeking an exceptional Director of Communications to serve as an external spokesperson for the association and provide strategic direction for various communications initiatives and events. This position is responsible for building on and maintaining key relationships with media representatives. The position reports to and works closely with the Senior Vice President of Communications. Qualifications:
- 7-10 years communications experience – preferably in public affairs advocacy
- Excellent writing skills
- Professional public speaking ability
- Experience with on the record media engagement
- Digital / social media experience (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn) required
- WordPress experience
- BA in English or Journalism preferred
- AP Style familiarity preferred
- Serving as a spokesperson for the association
- Overseeing development and editing of internal and external reports
- Management of key association campaigns
- Social media strategy
About NMA. The National Mining Association’s (NMA) mission is to build support for public policies that will help Americans fully and responsibly benefit from our abundant domestic energy and mineral resources. Our objective is to engage in and influence the public process on the most significant and timely issues that impact mining’s ability to safely and sustainably locate, permit, mine, transport and utilize the nation’s vast resources.
NMA serves its membership by: promoting the safe production and use of coal and mineral resources; establishing a strong political presence in the Nation’s Capital; serving as the information center for and a single voice of U.S. mining; and addressing the current and future policy needs of U.S. mining, mining equipment manufacturers and support services members of NMA.
NMA offers a generous benefits package for retirement savings and health care.
To apply: Please forward a cover letter and resume to Yvonne Rivera, Director of Talent Acquisition, email@example.com with the position title in the subject line. Please include where you heard about the position. The National Mining Association is an equal opportunity employer.