WTOP: 5 ways nonprofits can…
ABOUT THE ASSISTANCE FUND
The Assistance Fund (TAF), a Forbes Top 100 Charity, is an independent 501(c)(3) organization that helps uninsured and underinsured patients and families facing high medical out-of-pocket costs by providing financial assistance for their copayments, coinsurance, deductibles, and other health-related expenses. Since 2009, TAF has assisted more than 160,000 children and adults living with life-threatening, chronic, and rare diseases access to critical treatment through financial support, education, and advocacy. TAF envisions a day where no one goes without treatment because of an inability to pay.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The CEO/President is the executive leader of the organization and is responsible for the organization’s consistent achievement of its mission and financial objectives. The CEO/President possesses a high level of broad business and leadership skills and is effective in generating resources and support for the organization. This is a highly visible position responsible for building trust among the community on the national level, as well as with staff, funders, advocacy groups, and other key stakeholders.
Among the many responsibilities of the CEO/President are the following priorities:
- Maintain accountability with the Board of Directors
- Lead Strategic Planning for TAF to include aligning mission execution and process/policy deployment
- Responsible for leading internal and external communications
- Oversee all operations, and activities to ensure they produce the desired results and are consistent with the overall strategy and mission
- Act as a champion of Donor Relations and support Fundraising efforts
- Recruit, develop and retain key talent through coaching, training, and leadership development
- Progressively utilize technology to enhance the patient experience
View full position details and how to apply!
Nonprofit HR is committed to fostering and maintaining a work environment where diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) are fully integrated into everything we do for the benefit of our employees and the clients that we serve. To fully realize our goal, we prioritize our understanding of the complexities of DEI within our workforce to inform our approach to talent management. We believe that this guides how we do our work, advise our clients to operationalize DEI and position our content and educational opportunities to help strengthen the talent management capacity of the social impact sector. See the full statement.