WTOP: 5 ways nonprofits can…
TruFund Financial Services, Inc. (TruFund) is a National Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI) with offices in New York City; New Orleans and Baton Rouge, Louisiana; and Birmingham Alabama and Houston Texas. TruFund was established in 2005 as a national nonprofit organization that advances economic opportunity for Black, Indigenous and Other People of Color (BIOPC) businesses, and communities in need.
Our mission is to help historically disadvantaged individuals and communities create thriving and resilient small businesses and entrepreneurial ecosystems in order to close racial and economic disparities and ensure an inclusive and equitable society.
As a nonprofit, mission-driven entity, TruFund offers affordable loan capital to BIPOC small businesses and nonprofit organizations that are financially viable but have difficulty accessing capital from banks or other conventional lenders.
TruFund offers more than a loan – We provide an opportunity for underserved small businesses and low-income communities to thrive. More about TruFund
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, TruFund Financial Services is seeking a Chief Financial Officer to join the executive team of our growing nonprofit community development financial institution (CDFI). The position is responsible for leading, managing, and coordinating all financial matters of TruFund. Included but not limited to are the functions of accounting, finance, compliance, risk management, funding capitalization strategy, financial planning, analysis and reporting.
To be successful in this role, the CFO will need in-depth knowledge of non-profit financial accounting standards, risk management methods and the ability to create forecasting models. The successful candidate must also be well-versed in all aspects of financial management ranging from simple accounting to more complex accounting applications related to revenue recognition, cost allocation, ALLL accounting methodology, New Market Tax Credit and Equity Investment Structures.
The CFO must be able to adapt to a continually evolving environment and thrive in an autonomous and deadline-oriented workplace while managing an accounting and finance staff. In addition, the CFO will partner with senior leadership and the Board of Directors to develop and implement strategies across the organization. The ideal candidate will possess excellent leadership, collaboration and influence given his/her financial oversight of the various business lines of the organization.
A FEW ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee and actively manage the day-to-day accounting and financial operations.
- Report on financial results and issues to the CEO, Executive Team and Board of Directors.
Accounting and Compliance
- Manage day-to-day finance and accounting operations of the organization, ensuring effective policies, procedures, internal controls, and effective systems are maintained.
- Manage accounting control systems and internal audits enduring the accurate and timely production of accounting information and financial reports.
- Develop annual and multi-year capital plans for new loan and grant revenue, debt capital, joint financing partnerships, and other sources of capital for the organization.
- Participate in creating diverse capital solutions to expand the scale of financing activities, support the creation of new programs, products, and initiatives.
Planning and Analysis
- Coordinate the development and monitoring of budgets.
- Develop financial business plans and forecasts.
View full position details and how to apply!
Nonprofit HR is committed to fostering and maintaining a work environment where diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) are fully integrated into everything we do for the benefit of our employees and the clients that we serve. To fully realize our goal, we prioritize our understanding of the complexities of DEI within our workforce to inform our approach to talent management. We believe that this guides how we do our work, advise our clients to operationalize DEI and position our content and educational opportunities to help strengthen the talent management capacity of the social impact sector. See the full statement.