Department: Marketing and Communications
Reports to: Chief Marketing and Communications Officer
The Graphic and Web Designer position is responsible for the creation, repurposing, and maintenance of NIC’s marketing assets that are used to effectively market the NIC brand/organization, NIC MAP Data Service, Fall Conference, Spring Investment Forum, and various research reports. From concept through execution, this role will be responsible for bringing the brand and our various products to life in a way that will create consistency and elevate our image to our various audiences.
The role will provide design leadership across the organization and support a wide range of larger projects throughout the year as well as ongoing support for inbound marketing, website updates, email campaigns, presentations, newsletters/blogs, social media, content marketing, among other marketing tactics. Additionally, this role will oversee the work of outsourced designers who are engaged during peak volume periods (generally supporting our two annual conferences) and to ensure that work is delivered efficiently and consistently. Should the designer not have expertise in one or more types of design work below, this work can be outsourced and managed by the designer.
Specific responsibilities to support all aspects of NIC including events, NIC MAP Data Service, outreach, and NIC corporate brand development include:
- Design – Collateral design; Event programs; Signage; Web design and updates (WordPress); Digital display/banner ads; Emails; Social media posts (paid and organic); Landing pages (HubSpot); Registration pages (Cvent); Blogs; Newsletters; Infographics; Research reports; Print ads
- Collaborate with copywriter to integrate marketing copy with designs
- Work with print vendors, when appropriate, to ensure quality deliverables
- Ensure consistent implementation of NIC brand standards across all design elements
- Creatively and strategically re-purpose content into new formats for a range of mediums
Required and skills and experience:
- BA/BS and/or minimum of 3 years design experience in both print and digital mediums
- Adobe Creative Cloud
- HTML and CSS
- Supervisory experience of freelance/outsourced design resources
- Experience in designing for the web including websites (WordPress or similar), landing pages (HubSpot or similar), and possesses a strong understanding of web design best practices
- WordPress—must be able to create assets for the website that are mobile-, tablet-, and desktop-friendly and provider a user experience that fits all
- A portfolio representing a wide range of work will be required to be sent digitally
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Ability to translate business and brand objectives into compelling creative
- Possesses positive attitude and solutions orientation
- Motion graphics and video editing
To apply please email resume and cover letter to Yvonne Rivera at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject, “Web and Graphic Designer”.