This position has been filled.
South & South West Data Manager
Location: Dallas, TX; Orlando, FL; Tampa, FL; Denver, CO; or Washington, DC preferred.
The South & South West Data Manager will support the eight federations that make up the South & Mountain West Regions: Faith in Florida, Faith in Action Alabama, the MICAH Project (Louisiana), Faith in Texas, Together Colorado, ACTIONN (Nevada), Neighborhood Ministries (Arizona), and CaFé (New Mexico.)
This is a customer service orientated position where the services provided are data and technology capacity building, targeting, analytics and technical support. The ideal candidate will be in constant contact with the federations in order to help them maximize the scope of multiple organizing and civic engagement campaigns through strategic use of data systems.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Administer, support, and train users on organizing and engagement data systems.
- Provide data driven strategic guidance on best tactics and tools to achieve goals to leadership.
- Work with internal and external staff to establish best practices and standards for data collection, acquisition, analysis and preservation.
- Train users to analyze data as a means to improve their work.
- Assist PICO National and federation staff in developing strategies, data processes, and reporting to accurately measure progress toward organizing goals.
- Conduct political and electoral history analysis.
- Use PICO National Network endorsed tools and techniques to conduct targeting, analysis, and reporting for organizing, issue, and/or electoral campaigns.
- Maintain internal databases, including manipulation of voter, congregation membership, volunteer, and other person level data.
- Work across departments and PICO National Network Data Team to integrate the flow of information across organizing tools and other systems used by South and Mountain West federations.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills Required
- Proactive attitude with excellent customer service skills.
- Cultural competency to work in a multicultural, multi-faith environment.
- Commitment to cultural sensitivity and respect for differences.
- Demonstrated capacity to work effectively with culturally diverse staff and populations; Ability to be inclusive and respectful of differences.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively within a team.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral); the ability to effectively communicate technical subjects to others.
- Advanced skills with a cloud-based customer relationship management (CRM) tools like SalesForce; voter databases such as Catalist or VAN.
- Excellent computer skills using Microsoft Office applications.
- Demonstrates excellent analytical and critical thinking skills and pays close attention to detail.
- Advanced problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Effective time management skills, including demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks and projects.
- Experience in the use of data and analytics to drive effective decision-making in organizing, issue, and/or electoral organizing.
- Experience working with low-income, immigrant, communities of color, and/or returning citizens communities.
- Experience with Data Visualization software like Tableau Online or ArcGIS highly appreciated but not required.
- Understanding of common direct voter contact programs and community organizing practices.
- Candidates with community organizing or electoral cycle experience in any of the states that make up the South & South West regions highly appreciated but not required.
Work Environment/Physical Requirements
- This position may require one to work extended hours.
- This is a largely sedentary position.
- Occasional travel.
- May require lifting of up to 20 lbs.
For consideration, interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume. Your cover letter must address your experience and qualifications being sought. Send materials to: email@example.com ATTN: South & South West Data Manager in the subject line. Electronic submissions highly preferred. Interested individuals are encouraged to apply immediately. To obtain further details about this opportunity, contact Yvonne Rivera via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (202) 644-7422.
About PICO National Network
PICO National Network is the largest grassroots faith-based community organizing network in the United States. For 40 years, PICO has brought people of faith together to advance racial and economic justice. Through a network of 45 faith-based organizations and 1,200 religious congregations, PICO provides an opportunity for thousands of volunteer leaders to stand up and be heard on the public and corporate decisions that most directly shape their lives.
PICO organizations have successfully changed public policies at the local, state and federal level that have helped families obtain affordable health coverage for themselves and their children, provide their children with a better education, protection for immigrants, reduction in private prisons, sentencing reform, increased minimum wage, earned sick time provisions, protect their homes from foreclosure and secure good jobs. Through an innovative campaign infrastructure that ties together grassroots people-led organizing in more than 200 cities and towns and 20 states with large-scale efforts to change federal policy, PICO is currently leading campaigns to protect healthcare, end mass-incarceration, reduce gun violence, and keep immigrant families together.