JOB TITLE: Deputy Director/SouthEast Regional Lead
FLSA STATUS/CLASSIFICATION: Exempt/Full-time
REPORTS TO: Director of Organizing
LOCATION: Remote (SE Region preferred)
About Faith in Action
Faith in Action is the largest grassroots faith-based community organizing network in the United States. For 40 years Faith in Action (formerly known as PICO National Network) has brought people of faith together to advance racial and economic justice. Through a network of 60 faith-based organizations and 1,200 religious’ congregations, Faith in Action provides an opportunity for thousands of volunteer leaders to stand up and be heard on the public and corporate decisions that most directly shape their lives.
Faith in Action organizations have successfully changed public policies at the local, state and federal level that have helped families obtain affordable health coverage for themselves and their children, provide their children with a better education, protect their homes from foreclosure and secure good jobs. Through an innovative campaign infrastructure that ties together grassroots people-led organizing in more than 200 cities and towns and 18 states with large-scale efforts to change federal policy, Faith in Action is currently leading campaigns to help with citizenship for 11 million aspiring Americans, end mass-incarceration and make sure that no one is excluded from the benefits of health reform.
Faith in Action is looking for a seasoned organizer to serve as our Deputy Director/SE Regional Lead. A successful candidate will possess 8+ years experience as a change agent, innovator, and a proven champion of racial, gender and economic justice to assist in building powerful, sustainable local affiliates and expand our organizing, spiritual narrative, and impact in the Southeastern states. Faith in Action seeks someone with a deep passion to transform the SOUTH, faith and community leaders, institutions, and policies, creating positive change for those most impacted by infringed voting rights, deportation and mass incarceration. Faith in Action seeks a person who will work collaboratively with traditional faith communities and organizations and new movement building organizations, yet brings fresh and experimental partnerships, which advances Faith in Action’s work.
Reporting to the Director of Organizing, the Deputy Director/SE Regional Lead position will focus on southeastern states (Louisiana, Alabama, Texas, Georgia, Tennessee, Mississippi, South Carolina and Florida) and is devoted to the capacity (base building, organizer development, training) of each local federation and develops a comprehensive regional strategy. The Deputy Director/SE Regional Lead will strategize with, coordinate, and co-create national campaigns in partnership with the Director of Organizing. They will also organize and help manage the Black Southern Women Collaborative, which is a table designed to invest in Executive Directors in the south through leadership development and fundraising to ensure organizational sustainability.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Oversee the development and implementation of long and short-term campaign and organizing goals, strategies and tactics for the Southeast Region
- Develop and implement fundraising strategies for the Southeast Regional Director position and for the Southeast Region federations
- As part of Faith in Action Team, assists with implementing national priorities at the regional level
- In coordination with campaign teams in each state, works with coalition partners to develop and implement strategies at the state and regional level.
- Manage budget for the Southeastern Region
- Provides strategic guidance, support, coaching and mentoring to field organizers, clergy, and impacted populations (at local or state levels) who are working on local issues either by phone or in person as needed for transformational leadership development.
- Implement National Organizing Trajectory on a state and local level including but lot limited to: trainings, coaching, goals and plan incorporation
- Ensures that field organizers are meeting goals on campaigns in relationship with federation supervisors and are receiving support as needed in order to do so.
- Provides accountable and regular reports and updates to National Organizing Director and federation directors regarding progress toward campaign goals in individual cities and states
- Provides training for field organizers, clergy, and impacted populations as needed related to campaign goals and strategies (i.e. gun violence, mass incarceration, deportation, voting rights).
View full position details and how to apply!