Allied Media Projects is adding a Director of Finance to their team. Allied Media Projects (AMP), created approximately 20 years ago, cultivates media for liberation. Rooted in Detroit and connected globally, AMP is a network of media makers, artists, educators, and technologists working for social justice. Through its programs, AMP envisions and attempts to model a world in which we cultivate care and joy, dismantle harmful systems, and assume responsibility for creating new and liberatory ways of being.
AMP’s current programs include:
- The Sponsored Projects Program which provides fiscal sponsorship, training and capacity building to people and projects aligned with AMP’s mission ;
- The Allied Media Conference, a convening of AMP’s vast network where participants celebrate, strategize and skillshare;
- AMP Seeds which disseminates the skills, ideas and media of the AMP network to the wider world.
The Director of Finance will direct and oversee the financial activities of the Allied Media Projects. They will report to and work closely with the co-executive directors. In addition, they will partner with the senior leadership and the board of directors to develop and implement strategies across the organization. The Director of Finance will oversee all compliance, contracts, and grants management across all Allied Media entities. They will oversee the department of six or seven staff members and will directly supervise our Accounting Manager, Grants and Budget Manager, and Payroll Manager. They must be able to adapt to a continually evolving environment and thrive in an autonomous and deadline-oriented workplace while overseeing and supporting a finance staff of six.
A Few Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee cash, investment, and asset management at Allied Media Projects.
- Oversee financing strategies and activities and banking and loan management relationships.
Planning, Policy, and Investor Relations
- Engage the finance committee of the board of directors and co-leaders to develop short-and medium-term financial plans and projections.
- Evaluate the financial position and health of the organization, and share analyses of fiscal trends and potential issues, including financial statements with AMP staff and board.
Accounting and Administration
- Ongoingly review and adjust financial policies and procedures
- Work closely with the Accounting Manager to ensure maintenance of appropriate internal controls and financial processes.
- Oversee Accounting and Financial Analysis departments, budget preparation, and audit functions.
- Work with other department heads to monitor each department and make recommendations.
Nonprofit HR is committed to fostering and maintaining a work environment where diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) is fully integrated into everything we do for the benefit of our employees and the clients that we serve. To fully realize our goal, we prioritize our understanding of the complexities of DEI within our workforce to inform our approach to talent management. We believe that this guides how we do our work, advises our clients to operationalize DEI and position our content and educational opportunities to help strengthen the talent management capacity of the social impact sector. See the full statement.