A salary increase has been applied to this role as of May 3, 2023.
The Director of Human Resources (DHR) plays a critical and strategic role in the oversight of NASTAD’s human resources matters. The DHR is a part of NASTAD’s Organizational Leadership Team (OLT) and a thought partner to the Executive Leadership Team (ELT). With a primary focus on equity, the DHR implements and evaluates ongoing HR policies, programs, functions, and activities to attract, grow, retain, and motivate high-performing employees. The DHR successfully leads their team and collaborate with staff across the organization to: 1) assess, anticipate, and solve HR-related issues; 2) ensure the organization is in full compliance with applicable laws and regulations; 3) support and promote NASTAD’s values and strategy, including Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI), anti-racism, and trauma-informed approaches.
A Few Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- General Leadership and Human Resources Oversight
- Act as the primary HR officer of the organization.
- Lead the HR team and manage day-to-day HR activities, including providing strong HR support and guidance to staff across the organization with a special focus on equity and on staff wellness.
- Technical Human Resources
- Coordinate all benefit plans (health, life, COBRA, LTD, STD, workers’ compensation, unemployment, retirement, etc.) and salary programs including appropriate record keeping, preparation, analysis, and presentation of data on cost-effectiveness, market competitiveness, internal equity, and compliance.
- Manage performance evaluation systems and processes.
- Supervision Support
- Guide and advise on supervision and performance coaching of all staff to ensure legal/regulatory compliance, success of organizational coaching process, and the development and advanced capacity necessary to further overall organizational goals and mission
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Belonging
Nonprofit HR is committed to fostering and maintaining a work environment where diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) is fully integrated into everything we do for the benefit of our employees and the clients that we serve. To fully realize our goal, we prioritize our understanding of the complexities of DEI within our workforce to inform our approach to talent management. We believe that this guides how we do our work, advises our clients to operationalize DEI and position our content and educational opportunities to help strengthen the talent management capacity of the social impact sector. See the full statement.