WTOP: 5 ways nonprofits can…
ABOUT ELM CITY COMMUNITIES
Elm City Communities/Housing Authority of New Haven (ECC/HANH) is the public housing agency serving the City of New Haven.
We serve over 6,100 families and over 14,000 individuals through our public housing, housing choice voucher and low-income housing tax credit programs. Through our affordable housing programs, residents pay no more than 30% of their income toward their housing expenses. Families are supported in reaching their life goals through a full array of supportive services that lead to increased income, entrepreneurism, education attainment, homeownership and more.
Elm City Communities is committed to expanding access to affordable housing services and to ensuring that these services are available in every community.
To ensure we continue to provide opportunities to the people within our community, Elm City Communities has exclusively retained Impact Search Advisors by Nonprofit HR to assist in the recruitment efforts for its Director of Talent Management.
The Director of Talent Management (DTM) plays a vital role in developing and implementing equitable strategies for selecting, retaining, and developing top talent and promoting agency culture of equity, inclusion and belonging. The incumbent will assist the Vice President of Talent & Administration for the critical Human Resources functions in identifying talent needs, design programs and initiatives to support the recruitment, onboarding, engagement, performance management, development, and retention of key personnel and promotion of inclusive agency culture.
The DTM will coordinate organization-wide efforts to ensure that performance management (PM) and quality improvement (QI) programs are developed and managed through Talent Selection, Talent Management, Organizational Development and Performance Management. This position will conduct full life cycle recruitment in sourcing the best talent for ECC/HANH, as well as maintaining effective programs for retention, promotion, and succession planning.
A FEW ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure that organization-wide human resources functions for talent management and PM initiatives are focused and aligned on improving operational and program efficiencies and effectiveness.
- Create programs to maintain an environment of equal employment opportunity, diversity, and competitive advantage in support of the company’s diversity and inclusion strategic plan.
- Develop, initiate, and maintain effective programs for workforce retention, promotion, and succession planning.
- Manage the maintenance and execution of the performance management system, including current job descriptions, standards of performance and performance evaluation instruments.
- Provide professional expertise and support in the design, development and implementation of the talent review process that is required to achieve business goals and results in the creation of an internal bench of top talent.
- Manage full life cycle recruitment (post, source, prescreen, schedule, background, references, offer, onboarding, etc.).
View full position details and how to apply!
Nonprofit HR is committed to fostering and maintaining a work environment where equity, diversity, inclusion & justice (EDIJ) are fully integrated into everything we do for the benefit of our employees and the clients that we serve. To fully realize our goal, we prioritize our understanding of the complexities of DEI within our workforce to inform our approach to talent management. We believe that this guides how we do our work, advise our clients to operationalize EDIJ and position our content and educational opportunities to help strengthen the talent management capacity of the social impact sector. See the full statement.