Provides leadership in developing effective human resource programs and policies to ensure they are competitive and support the mission, vision and strategic goals of the association. Serves as a strategic business partner for management and staff on human resources programs and administration issues. Manages programs that support career development, employee retention, leadership and organizational development for NSBA staff.
- Provides oversight and leadership for NSBA human resource functions. Develops and executes strategies for the delivery of HR services in areas such as performance management, coaching, consultation on employee relations, policies and practices, administration of compensation and benefits; talent management, succession planning, workforce planning and talent acquisition.
- Provides counsel and guidance to senior management on strategic initiatives, association policies and practices, including performance management issues. Provides guidance and education to managers and employees regarding policy interpretation. Develops and coordinates responses on employment-related claims or grievances to external agencies, including unemployment, workers’ compensation; coordinates with legal counsel, as necessary.
- Directs the implementation of cost-effective employee benefit programs, including health and welfare, pension, disability, life insurance. Develops strategies for ensuring competitive pricing and services. Proposes changes to existing plans and programs; monitors employee satisfaction. Serves as pension plan administrator; keeps senior management and pension trustees apprised of plan compliance and financial health. Monitors performance and ensures fiduciary compliance of defined contribution plans. Directs leave administration programs and policies, including paid time off and FMLA.
- Together with the COO, develops human resource planning models to identify competency, knowledge and talent gaps. Manages talent through succession planning and development planning in order to prepare staff for more significant responsibilities.
- Directs recruitment and employment activities; develops recruitment strategies to promote equal employment opportunity and diversity. Analyzes staffing trends and turnover statistics to evaluate ways of strengthening recruitment, retention and leadership opportunities.
- Develops employee communications, including employee manual, newsletters, and other communications to ensure staff and senior management are informed and aware of relevant human resources programs and regulatory issues.
- Directs administration of salary and classification programs; secures wage and salary surveys and recommends changes to positions and compensation; evaluates internal and external equity issues in recommending position grades and salaries.
- Maintains current knowledge of local and federal regulations affecting human resources to ensure that association policies and procedures are in compliance with employment law statutes. Monitors and implements changes as need to ensure compliance with applicable laws.
- Develops operating budgets and manages expenditures related to Human Capital.
- Hires, trains, supervises and evaluates the human resources departmental staff consistent with NSBA’s human resource practices. Establishes departmental and individual staff goals consistent with NSBA’s organizational objectives, strategic plan and workplace norms.
- Performs other duties as assigned
View full position details and how to apply!