WTOP: 5 ways nonprofits can…
About Urban Institute:
At the Urban Institute, we believe in the power of evidence to improve lives and strengthen communities. As a nonprofit focusing on social and economic policy, our researchers and policy entrepreneurs open minds, shape decisions, and identify transformative solutions to the most pressing issues of our time.
To open minds, shape decisions, and offer solutions through economic and social policy research.
Collaboration, Equity, Inclusivity, Independence, and Integrity
For more information on the Urban Institute, please visit https://www.urban.org.
Central to Urban’s mission is fostering a truly inclusive community that ensures ongoing relevance to a changing world. The Office of Human Resources for the Urban Institute seeks a highly collaborative, forward-thinking and experienced Director of Talent Acquisition.
What You’ll Do:
• Lead and build capacity of talent acquisition to manage full-life cycle recruitment activities and program planning, and develop performance metrics and reporting capabilities to make data driven decisions and evaluate program results
• Develop and execute comprehensive recruitment and outreach strategies aligned to organization’s priorities, and cultivate a pipeline of talent to meet workforce requirements at all levels; e.g., campus recruitment, mid-level roles, senior researchers and executive leadership.
• Collaborate with senior leaders and hiring managers to develop and implement hiring plans to meet current and future staffing requirements
• Strengthen strategies and efforts in establishing diverse candidate pools for positions at all levels, and play an integral role in identifying opportunities to leverage sources and networks to improve outcomes in hiring diverse talent
• Cultivate relationships through organizational partnerships and implement practices to strengthen our employee value proposition
• Develop and implement strategies for leveraging social media to attract and recruit talent
• Identify reporting and other communication mechanisms for sharing information about program outcomes and metrics, and opportunity gaps
• Establish and leverage networks and stay professionally informed and knowledgeable about best industry practices, new legal requirements, and legislative activity
• Manage special projects within area of expertise that help to facilitate transformational talent attraction and acquisition
View full position details and how to apply!