About Faith in Action: Faith in Action Network is the largest grassroots faith-based community organizing network in the United States. For 40 years, Faith in Action has brought people of faith together to advance racial and economic justice. Through a network of 45 faith-based organizations and 1,200 religious congregations, Faith in Action provides an opportunity for thousands of volunteer leaders to stand up and be heard on the public and corporate decisions that most directly shape their lives.
Faith in Action organizations have successfully changed public policies at the local, state and federal level that have helped families obtain affordable health coverage for themselves and their children, provide their children with a better education, protection for immigrants, reduction in private prisons, sentencing reform, increased minimum wage, earned sick time provisions, home foreclosure prevention, and secure good jobs. Through an innovative campaign infrastructure that ties together grassroots people-led organizing in more than 200 cities and towns and 20 states with large-scale efforts to change federal policy, Faith in Action is currently leading campaigns to protect healthcare, end mass-incarceration, reduce gun violence, keep immigrant families together, and build an economy where people can work with dignity and take care of those they love.
The National Analyst and Data Director leads the strategic planning and implementation of data and analytics programs for our organizing and civic engagement campaigns. This position manages members of the National Data Team to ensure a solid and efficient division of labor around federation and campaign support while leading the team’s efforts to integrate data strategies and structures into Faith in Action’s culture. The National Analyst and Data Director ensures that every state gets consistent and exemplary support. The position will report to the Managing Director of Data & Technology and will partner with Faith in Action National Campaigns and Faith in Action Federations as assigned.
Campaigns Support, Metrics & Reporting
- Manages all campaign metrics and progress to goal reporting for internal analysis and evaluation by providing access to the correct tools and data necessary while developing strategies to report metrics efficiently and effectively internally and externally to the Network.
- Tells the story of our work through data analysis and visualization by driving in program and post program analysis
- Coordinates, supports and trains on data collection, data entry/importing, extraction, and production of accurate reports in VAN (MyVoters and MyCampaigns).
- Works with communications, policy, and organizing staff to ensure federations and staff have the tools, data and know how to use data correctly in constructing strategic campaign plans, contact programs, and outreach efforts for both civic engagement and policy change campaigns.
National Staff & Federation Support
- Works withFaith in Action national & federation staff responsible for maximizing use of voter file, targeting, and other data resources.
- Manages volunteer recruitment database, virtual predictive dialer, and other web-based programs.
- Develops systems, applications and procedures for collecting and analyzing data to advance organizing goals (i.e. meeting turnout, attendance, phone banking, etc.).
- Manages development of Data Organizer Cohort and adoption and use of MyCampaign in order to move federations from paper to database systems effectively by assessing data organizer skill levels and developing a training and curriculum to assist with their growth.
- Generates reports summarizing data sets and changes to the data sets.
- Participate in experimental research planning and development in order to find more efficient and effective ways of carrying out work
DATABASE PROJECT MANAGEMENT:
Serve as the link between data structures and their use.
- National VAN Administrator.
- Troubleshoots and resolves VAN database software problems and opportunities for increased efficiency.
- Stays current with new and emerging data structure tools and technologies and applies toFaith in Action objectives.
- Supports negotiation of database tool contracts to best serve federation and national use of tools.
- Works with IT staff to provide input on federation and national use of data to inform data structure decisions.
View full position details and how to apply!