About Faith in Action
Faith in Action is the largest grassroots faith-based community organizing network in the United States. For 40 years Faith in Action (formerly known as PICO National Network) has brought people of faith together to advance racial and economic justice. Through a network of 60 faith-based organizations and 1,200 religious’ congregations, Faith in Action provides an opportunity for thousands of volunteer leaders to stand up and be heard on the public and corporate decisions that most directly shape their lives. Faith in Action organizations have successfully changed public policies at the local, state, and federal level that have helped families obtain affordable health coverage for themselves and their children, provide their children with a better education, protect their homes from foreclosure and secure good jobs. Through an innovative campaign infrastructure that ties together grassroots people-led organizing in more than 200 cities and towns and 18 states with large-scale efforts to change federal policy, Faith in Action is currently leading campaigns to help with citizenship for 11 million aspiring Americans, end mass incarceration and make sure that no one is excluded from the benefits of health reform.
Faith in Action is looking for a seasoned organizer to serve as our Northeast Region Lead. A successful candidate will possess 5+ years’ experience as a change agent, innovator, and a proven champion of racial, gender and economic justice to assist in building powerful, sustainable local affiliates and expand our organizing, spiritual narrative, and impact in the Northeastern states. Faith in Action seeks someone with a deep passion to transform the northeast, faith and community leaders, institutions, and policies, creating positive change for those most impacted by infringed voting rights, deportation, mass incarceration and poverty. Faith in Action seeks a person who will work collaboratively with faith communities and organizations along with new movement building organizations, while bringing fresh and experimental partnerships, to advance Faith in Action’s work.
Reporting to the Deputy Director of Organizing, the NE Region Lead position will focus on northeastern states (Pennsylvania, New York, Vermont, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New Hampshire, Maryland, DC, Virginia) and is devoted to growing the capacity (base building, organizer development, training) of each local federation along with the development of a comprehensive regional strategy. The NE Region Lead will also strategize, coordinate, and co-create national campaigns in partnership with the national organizing team.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
● Oversee the development and implementation of long and short-term campaign and organizing goals, strategies, and tactics for the Northeast Region
● Develop and implement fundraising strategies for the for the Northeast Region and its federations
● Assists with communicating region and federation level organizing priorities to the national team.
● Assists with communicating and implementing national priorities at the regional level.
● In coordination with campaign teams in each state, works with coalition partners to develop and implement strategies at the state and region level.
● Manage the Northeast Region budget.
● Provides strategic guidance, support, coaching and mentoring to field organizers, clergy, and impacted populations (at local or state levels) who are working on local issues either by phone or in person as needed for transformational leadership development.
● Implement national organizing trajectory on a state and local level including but not limited to training, coaching, goals, and plan incorporation.
● Track and support field organizers as they work toward local and national campaign goals in relationship with federation senior staff and key leaders and provide support as needed to do so.
● Provides regular reports and updates to the national organizing deputy director and federation directors regarding progress toward campaign goals in individual cities and states.
● Provides training for field organizers, clergy, and impacted populations as needed and related to campaign goals and strategies (i.e., gun violence, mass incarceration, deportation, voting rights, etc.)
View full position details and how to apply!
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Belonging
Nonprofit HR is committed to fostering and maintaining a work environment where diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) are fully integrated into everything we do for the benefit of our employees and the clients that we serve. To fully realize our goal, we prioritize our understanding of the complexities of DEI within our workforce to inform our approach to talent management. We believe that this guides how we do our work, advise our clients to operationalize DEI and position our content and educational opportunities to help strengthen the talent management capacity of the social impact sector. See the full statement.