WTOP: 5 ways nonprofits can…
Under the guidance of the CEO, the Senior Director, Communications and Marketing will oversee the development and management of NSPE’s marketing, public relations and communication strategy required to support the long-term strategic direction of the organization. This role is responsible for the integration of effective marketing and communication strategies, both internally and externally, across all functional areas of NSPE. This position will also provide leadership, strategic vision and direction to a team of marketing and communication professionals. This position serves as a key business leader on organization wide strategic priorities.
- Oversee communications strategy that includes social media, print and digital content and email marketing.
- Oversee the development and production of all marketing publications, collateral communication material and social media initiatives.
- Develop a compelling branding strategy that supports NSPE’s strategic goals and objectives.
- Ensure that brand identity, messaging and marketing and communications strategy are infused in all organizational efforts (programming, development, network support).
- Oversee the utilization and evaluation of new and existing digital technologies to further the work of NSPE in relationship to marketing and brand awareness.
- Oversee the daily activities of the Marketing & Communications Department including budgeting, planning and staff development.
- Responsible for quarterly magazine, website, publications and external communications
- Lead and manage committees and task force groups and support the Executive Team in internal/external communications about the vision and overall strategies of the organization.
- Lead the marketing team and communications team with an emphasis on data analytics to make strategic and data-driven decisions
- Work with leadership team and staff to identify internal and external marketing communication opportunities and develop strategies that support solutions.
- Promote a culture of high performance and continuous improvement and develop staff using a supportive and collaborative approach.
- Responsible for staff performance and development goals, establish staff priorities, and conduct annual performance appraisals.
- In collaboration with NSPE learning and membership departments, identify, develop and market of new products and member benefits
- Serve as liaison to Communications Advisory Group and carry out related tasks.
- All other duties as assigned.
View full position details and how to apply!