WTOP: 5 ways nonprofits can…
A FEW JOB PROCESSES:
- Initiate and lead NSPE Advocacy programs, overseeing all federal, state, and PAC activities and supervise Policy Associate with final approval from Senior Director
- Evaluate and track federal and state legislative and regulatory issues relevant to professional engineers. With NSPE leadership and the COPA Committee, craft NSPE’s federal and state legislative and regulatory agenda and develop a plan to achieve positive legislative and regulatory outcomes through participation in issue-based coalitions with like-minded organizations, manage lobbying, grasstops action, and grassroots action.
- Develop and maintain relationships with elected and appointed officials, including Members of Congress, key federal agency personnel, and their staff.
- Initiate and lead NSPE-state society collaborative efforts on advocacy initiatives with support from Policy Associate. Provide advocacy services to state societies.
- Initiate, establish, and maintain partnerships with like-minded organizations that seek to advance NSPE’s broader advocacy goals, including legislative and regulatory interests. Work with senior staff to address possible collaboration opportunities. Also identify and work with coalitions as deemed beneficial to NSPE. Currently, these responsibilities include PCC, ARPL, and Resilient Building Coalition.
View full details about this opportunity and how to apply!