National Society of Professional Engineers’ mission is to foster licensed professional engineers in service to society that create a world where the public can be confident that engineering decisions affecting their lives are made by qualified and ethically accountable professionals. NSPE is committed to driving growth, shaping public policy, Diversity Equity and Inclusion and educating for the future.
National Society of Professional Engineers is seeking a State Relations Director who will report to the CEO. The State Relations Director enables NSPE to be a nationwide federation, which strengthens our capacity to carry out our mission. The State Relations Director will partner with 50 state societies and the membership body strengthening NSPE’s ability to offer education, resources, and networking.
This role will require frequent travel to NSPE State Society Offices. Candidate can work predominately remote from anywhere but will be required to meet at NSPE Headquarters in Alexandria, Virginia on a quarterly basis for multiple days at a time.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be a dynamic leader who can build and execute thoughtful and ambitious strategies while ensuring operational excellence.
- Possess exceptional interpersonal and people management skills, with the ability to build and manage diverse teams.
- Be a results-oriented motivator with high standards for excellence.
- Be a clear, consistent and empathetic communicator, who excels at relationship building.
- Be innovative and has entrepreneurial instincts, who naturally absorbs new information, and who has a contagious drive for excellence and accountability.
- Have a track record of successful change management, process improvement, and organizational performance improvement is essential for success in this role, along with demonstrated experience in organizational development and strategic planning.
- Exercise a significant amount of autonomy and independent judgment.
- Require significant consultation and collaboration with both in-state colleagues and colleagues in the NSPE national office.
- Hold the responsibility of establishing credibility throughout each state office and with the Board as an effective developer of solutions to business challenges.
View full position details and how to apply!