WTOP: 5 ways nonprofits can…
About Faith in Action: Faith in Action Network is the largest grassroots faith-based community organizing network in the United States. For 40 years, Faith in Action has brought people of faith together to advance racial and economic justice. Through a network of 45 faith-based organizations and 1,200 religious’ congregations, Faith in Action provides an opportunity for thousands of volunteer leaders to stand up and be heard on the public and corporate decisions that most directly shape their lives.
Faith in Action organizations have successfully changed public policies at the local, state and federal level that have helped families obtain affordable health coverage for themselves and their children, provide their children with a better education, protection for immigrants, reduction in private prisons, sentencing reform, increased minimum wage, earned sick time provisions, home foreclosure prevention, and secure good jobs. Through an innovative campaign infrastructure that ties together grassroots people-led organizing in more than 200 cities and towns and 20 states with large-scale efforts to change federal policy, Faith in Action is currently leading campaigns to protect healthcare, end mass-incarceration, reduce gun violence, keep immigrant families together, and build an economy where people can work with dignity and take care of those they love.
The role of the Technology Coordinator will work to support the completion of the organization’s goals related to data/technology infrastructure, digital security, vendors, hardware/software and support of the Rise + Vote campaign.
The Technology Coordinator must be knowledgeable in software, hardware and emergent technology. They must be critical thinkers and problem-solvers with great attention to detail. Since end user support and teamwork are important aspects of the role, excellent communication and people skills are required.
Essential functions of the role include:
- Manage Civic + Integrated Voter Engagement Technology support, which includes; storing and deployment of voter engagement equipment to network federations and/partner affiliates
- Oversee & manage of the distribution of equipment in support of Rise + Vote
- With supervision, manage relationships with different vendors, keep accurate documentation, resolve problems and issues, and streamline these processes
- Manage, process, and store documentation related to use of resources, data-sharing, and memorandum of understanding/unity (MOUs) with partners, allies, and organizational affiliates
- Actively participate in Data/Voting program meetings & events
- Maintain regular communications with various departments in the organization including network partners and allies
- Coordinate team implementation efforts; including managing meetings, reports and special projects as needed
- Create reports, data, and analysis upon request
- Work with Rise + Vote team to review emergent voter engagement technologies and assist with determining organizational compatibility
- Track & maintain inventory
View full position details and how to apply!