This position is now closed.
Join Nonprofit HR’s Team of Recruiters!
Are you an A-player who is excited to do something no organization has done before? If you’d like to be part of the oldest national HR firm in the country that works exclusively with the nonprofit sector, then you will enjoy learning about this recruiting position. Helping our clients meet their mission through their people while supporting career candidates as they seek the perfect job to meet their skills is part of what you will do every day when you join the team!
To apply for this position send your resume and cover letter to Yvonne Rivera at email@example.com.
This position provides recruitment and business support to the firm’s Talent Acquisition Practice Area. Specifically, this position will work closely and in partnership with Director of Talent Acquisition to increase, manage, and support a candidate and client-focused environment to deliver a responsive and high-quality talent pipeline to proactively respond to the recruiting needs of prospective and current clients. Essentially, this position will balance the ongoing demands and requests for recruitment outsourcing, temp staffing, and the direct hire needs of clients.
The incumbent will establish and maintain outstanding and effective business relationships within the nonprofit sector to develop and drive revenue into the firm by way of new business and broaden current relationships to increase direct hire, recruitment outsourcing and temp staffing business and service offerings to meet ongoing demands at the national, local and regional levels.
The incumbent will develop and participate in practice area goals, objectives, and manage related systems as it relates to servicing clients. The incumbent will recommend new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of services performed; be creative, innovative, and highly motivated to bring about transformational and unique opportunities to the business of recruiting.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (Duties that occupy a major portion of time and importance in the job.)
- Successfully and proactively sources, recruits and screens applicants for consideration and placement with new and existing clients, which may include writing job advertisements and retooling position descriptions according to established position criteria and working with client hiring managers.
- Establishes individual day-to-day recruiting requirements by partnering with team members and hiring managers to acquire and maintain a thorough understanding of the client’s talent acquisition needs.
- Assists with the administration of related talent acquisition programs and business growth plans and manages a full desk that includes consultative staffing sales to prospective clients.
- Proactively builds and recruits talent for placement and recommends candidates for hire with nonprofit clients.
- Drafts and/or prepares routine correspondence, including offers of employment and communications related to onboarding new hires with clients.
- Assists in compliance related issues, filing and maintaining electronic and hard copy documentation.
- Proactively engages and serves as a liaison on recruitment strategies and approaches for prospective, new and current clients.
- Determines requirements for open positions by partnering with clients to understand their unique needs (particularly around culture, qualifications, and requirements) and serves as an expert on attracting top talent.
- Coordinates and manages the full life cycle of recruiting and works collaboratively with client hiring managers to write, advertise and provide guidance on positions.
- Utilizes the firm’s CRM database and an appropriate mix of job boards to identify talent through sourcing (including the use of Boolean), researching, networking, and leveraging social media sites strategically.
- Establishes recruiting methodology, writes and prepares candidate profiles and related reports for presentation to clients, and provides appropriate briefings to maintain recruiting integrity and best practices as it relates to talent acquisition.
- Conducts phone, video conference screens, and in-person interviews, coordinates pre-employment processes including reference and background verifications for client presentation, conducts pre-employment assessments, has pre-onboardings conversations to enrich the client and candidate experience, and manages other related administrative duties to meet and exceed the ongoing needs of client engagements and expectations.
- Maintains and builds positive client relations internally and externally through regular and consistent communication with hiring managers and works collaboratively and proactively with clients on retention and other talent management issues to circumvent potential issues related to retention.
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date records in CRM and other systems, ensures all placements and related data is accurate and reflective of relevant and legally compliant recruitment activity.
- Networks, researches, and stays connected to the nonprofit sector and other mission-focused organizations to skillfully and intentionally build a pipeline of talent with a keen focus on the talent and culture needs of clients to attract the best talent.
- Contributes to blogs, webinars, and white papers related to recruitment and/or talent management issues.
- Actively participates in team and client meetings.
- Performs other related duties and special projects as required and assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIRED(Minimum education and experience needed to perform the job adequately.)
Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of three (3) years of recruiting experience, preferably servicing nonprofits OR equivalent experience working with mission-focused organizations. CSP and/or PHR certification is a plus.
Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills including ability to communicate orally and write effectively and concisely for a wide variety of audiences including candidates, management, staff, senior leadership and client organizations with a strong client service orientation and commitment to excellence.
Demonstrated knowledge of basic human resources principles and practices including talent acquisition, full lifecycle recruitment, and ability to meet multiple deadlines and handle multiple assignments simultaneously by utilizing time management skills with a strong client service orientation and demonstrated understanding of the nonprofit sector. Experience working in or with the nonprofit sector strongly preferred.
Must have excellent planning, follow-through, and organizational skillswith impeccable attention to detail.
Demonstrated entrepreneurial drive and proven ability to be self-motivated to learn, grow, and succeed.
Demonstrated ability to quickly learn systems, processes, and procedures and be able to quickly assimilate information and build solutions to balance business needs of the firm and clients.
Desire to support the Talent Acquisition business unit to contribute positively to its growth and work and be a collaborative and active participate of the firm’s overall strategic goals and objectives and planning sessions.
Demonstrated proficiency with all Microsoft Office applications. Experience with CRM software and/or an applicant tracking system (ATS) is required. Experience working with Salesforce is a plus.
ADA SPECIFICATIONS (Physical demands that must be met in order to successfully complete the essential functions of the job).
This position is largely sedentary in nature, however, one must possess the ability to speak, hear, and write, as well as the ability to use a computer and related software programs, and lift up to 25 lbs. Will need to work long hours occasionally, attend related HR and talent events that may include some weekends and involve local and/or national travel periodically.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary.
This position is now closed.