A Wider Circle is partnering with Nonprofit HR to conduct their open searches.
About A Wider Circle
In 2001, Dr. Mark Bergel founded A Wider Circle with the mission of helping children and adults lift themselves out of poverty. His goal was to create an organization that would address the whole person with programs that would not only tend to people’s tangible needs but also to their inner needs.
With each passing year, A Wider Circle has become a larger and larger part of the solution to ending poverty. Today, we operate out of our 20,000 square-foot Center for Community Service, with our Center for Professional Development just 50 yards down the street in Silver Spring, Maryland. It is due to the energy and commitment of our staff members, interns, and volunteers that allows A Wider Circle to now furnish the homes of more than 15,000 children and adults each year and deliver educational programs to thousands of men, women, and children.
Neighbor-to-Neighbor Program Associate
Silver Spring, Maryland
Got muscle? How about compassion and the ability to communicate the mission? Ending poverty is going to take some heavy lifting. The movement is growing, and with it are the full- and part-time opportunities available to join a team of strong, compassionate, and dedicated individuals who work across the region to collect and redistribute beds, dressers, and large and small home goods. The Neighbor-to-Neighbor team provides critical support to those in need while also serving as the liaison between the organization and all those seeking to help the cause. This position requires a high level of professionalism and maturity.
Full Time Position: 4 days per week (3 weekdays, 1 weekend day), 8:00am-6:00pm
- Travel to and interface with donors across the region to collect and redistribute beds, dressers, and large and small home goods
- Assist in maintaining areas of our 38,000 square-foot property
- Effectively communicate issues and updates to management personnel
- Assist in aspects of daily operations, including, but not limited to managing the parking lot, greeting donors and clients, and loading and unloading trucks as they arrive
- Demonstrated commitment and passion to join the movement to end poverty
- Ability to drive a box truck (no different than a standard U-Haul)
- Ability to lift and carry heavy furniture throughout the day
- Excellent communication skills and ability to speak well about the issues we address
We offer health insurance, retirement plan, and other voluntary benefits.
Please send resumes to email@example.com.