Lisa Brown Alexander, CEO, International Keynote Speaker & Author
Engaging keynote presentations that inspire event attendees to break down barriers and challenge the status quo!
“The mission that you’re trying to realize, whether it is to eradicate hunger, eliminate poverty, or to advocate for social justice is disproportionately impacted by the lack of investment in talent.” – Lisa Brown Alexander
Over the course of her career, Lisa has presented to hundreds of organizations, staff and leadership teams, covering all things talent management for the social sector.
To hire Lisa for your upcoming event, contact Nonprofit HR for speaker details. 202.785.2060. nonprofithr.com
Lisa Brown Alexander was recently featured on WJLA ABC7’s Working Woman Series. The segment not only details Lisa’s journey to start and grow the leading HR firm in the country that works exclusively with the nonprofit sector, but also highlights the strength and size of the nonprofit sector.
Lisa in the Media
Tovia Smith, NPR News National Desk Correspondent, turned to Lisa Brown Alexander to share her insights on the responsibilities human resources professionals have in investigating, reporting and resolving sexual harassment cases. Listen to the podcast to learn more about HR’s role in helping victims of sexual harassment in the workplace.
Listen to the full interview to hear more about the intersection between talent, culture, mission and sustainability.
Lisa Brown Alexander recently sat down with Habitat for Humanity to share her HR expertise and discuss effective talent management, succession planning and change management strategies within the nonprofit sector.
Listen to the full interview to learn about the importance of building an effective talent management framework within your organization.
Lisa has contributed to the “NPO Dilemma: HR and Organizational Challenge in Non-Profit Organizations,” as well as “The Nonprofit’s Guide to Human Resources: Managing Your Employees & Volunteers.“
Two workshops 1) Talent Sustainability 2) Relationship Based Leadership
Talent: The Missing Piece in Nonprofit Sustainability
Maine Association of Nonprofits
To inquire about Lisa's availability to speak at your next event, fill out the form below.
Lisa’s most popular talks:
- How To Turn Your HR Department Into a Powerhouse
- The Nonprofit Employment Trends Survey: Key Findings and What They Mean to Your Nonprofit
- Workplace Culture: Is Yours Healthy?
- Employee Engagement: What Every Organization Should be Doing Now
- Collaborative & Strategic Thinking for HR
- The State of HR in the Nonprofit Sector
- Executive Director Reviews: Aligning with Organizational Goals, Performance & Outcomes
- Finding Top Talent to Drive Your Mission Forward
- Making the Business Case for HR in Nonprofits
- The Talent Factor: How Top Talent Can Make Your Nonprofit’s Mission a Reality
- Overcoming the “Dark Side” of Entrepreneurship
- Unemployable? Why Unemployed Individuals May Be Just the Type of Talent Your Nonprofit Needs
- The X Factor: Why Some Nonprofit Leaders Succeed and Others Fail
- Talent Underinvestment: Why the Nonprofit Sector Undervalues Talent and What We Can Do About It
- Underpaid, Overworked and Undervalued? Combatting Stereotypes About Nonprofit Employment
- Goodbye Glass Ceiling: Is Gender and Race Still Holding Us Back in the Workplace?
- Understanding Overhead: Reimagining the Role of Staff in the 21st Century Nonprofit
- Building Mission-Driven Leaders from Within
- The Retention Equation: Why Your Best Talent is Leaving and What You Can Do About It