by Yvonne Rivera
Did you have a busy year of recruiting? Are you planning for an even busier 2020? As you finalize your strategy for 2020 and prepare for the January hiring rush, streamline your communication strategy to ensure early success. Put your best foot forward, as the record low unemployment rate presents challenges even with the best talent attraction programs. But, employing a creative approach to your recruitment strategies can help.
Instead of waiting until the January rush, capitalize on these final weeks of the year. Here are six simple things you can do now to ensure an early flow of resumes!
- Refresh the messaging on your job announcements to emphasize urgency. This will motivate candidates to apply for your opportunities first, rather than putting them at the bottom of their list of preferred jobs
- Simplify the application process by using mobile ready platform.
- Reply to submitted resumes in a timely manner to avoid losing candidates
- Regularly review and update your organization’s career page. Does it include information about your shared values and culture? Does it showcase or describe ways your employees interact with the communities you serve, the brand and each other?
- Assess how well your website describes the organizational structure. Are applicants able to determine where the role they are applying for would fit?
- Take extra time to make your candidate’s journey with you impactful, as they will be your best advocates in the future
Need help with any of the above? Partner with Nonprofit HR! From talent acquisition for direct hire and recruitment outsourcing, we’ve helped hundreds of nonprofits and social enterprises attract their most valuable assets, their people.
Yvonne Rivera, CSP, CSC
HCI Strategic Talent Acquisition Certification
Director, Talent Acquisition
Reach me via phone: (202) 644-7422
Email me: firstname.lastname@example.org